Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #1 
meganlbetta

plants for a two gallon

I am looking to add some plants to my 2gallon bowl. I currently have a spiral bamboo that has rooted and a plastic suction cup hovering leaf that he loves. It is currently not heated as I am having a hard time finding a small enough heater to keep it at a good temp and would like to stay away from a filter since its small. I am in the edmonton area so if there are any suggestions for plants that are easily accessable that would be great! Thanks in advance :)

What can we use for soil as well as my bamboo is just in the fake gravel as of right now but I would like to get the proper soil for it.
meganlbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #2 
darkangel

I recommend cabomba, its my go to plant. Grows in any condition, soft and makes a nice bed. If your in Canada you can order them from the plant guy, he got nice plants and is a very nice person.

If you want a heater, you try the elite 25w heater, I use it in my 2.5 gallon and its great. Its adjustable, it shuts off and on depending on the water temperature. My is set to 78F and it doesn't turn on during the day because its so hot, but at night, it turns on a few minutes to make sure the temp stays at 78F. I got my at pet supply store, but if you can try MyPets at the west Edmonton mall, I remember seeing a store when I visited. I'm sure Edmonton got lots of pet supply stores so you probably find it.

You don't need soil, gravel works just fine for plants. Without some sort of bubbler and lots of water changes, soil can become anaerobic, it needs lots of research so read up before you try soil, especially in a tank without a bubbler/filter.
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #3 
meganlbetta

Okay thank you I will look into it and yes the soil concept makes a lot of sense!
meganlbetta is offline   Reply With Quote