Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #21 
fishyinpa

oh that stinks....my dad *says* he doesnt like my animals but then he always comes in to see them and take pictures lol. silly dad..he just doesnt like when bring a critter home and not tell him for like awhile...haha..it worked for awhile with two of my hamsters cause they looked exactly alike,but then the one passed away so we had to fess up.

dunno what he will say about new fishy...prolly be like are you done with getting pets for awhile? i think so...unless i find room for another betta :)
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:19 PM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

I DO think my Mom is starting to understand about my love for bettas because the last fish I got she made a comment about it and I said I could be addicted to something lot worse than bettas. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #23 
fishyinpa

hmmm...maybe! and very true...
Old 03-11-2009, 11:49 PM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

How are the stooges doing?
Old 03-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #25 
fishyinpa

Lol! The stooges are doing great. Its so fun watching six of them interact with each other. They sure know when dinner time is! haha...Its a frenzy then....I love my pandas....:)
Old 03-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #26 
Nataku

Dramaqueen - I was the other one who picked up a black HM recently. Mine was also from Petco, so I have to wonder if my fish and Fishyinpa's may be related. I wonder if all Petcos get their betta fish from the same distributor.

Fishyinpa - your boy is so pretty! From your pictures it looks like he has a bit of black lace in him because of the transparent section on the bottom of his anal fin. Very cool.
Nataku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #27 
Livelifelaughlove

awesome! i want another betta

My mo misn't really into animals or anything, but my dad is. We have always had a cat, but my mom doesn't like dogs. I also had a Gerbil, but it bit me...twice. So i was kinda happy when it died and now that my allergies have been acting up, my kitty is an outdoor kat. Though, we have a 3 car garage with a cat door, so its not like we just stick her outside. She is usually just in the garage.

lol, my mom said the same thing as drama's. They have been a little worried recently, since i have been going through a rough time, so the other day she said her and my dad were happy i found another hobby to get into that won't hurt me and isn't bad... that would have been a good time to ask for another fish though she said i could get a new one if i paid for it... so now i just have to find one.

Crowntails are between $5-$7 here, but the halfmoons are $15!
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #28 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nataku, they might be related if they came from the same distributor. Who knows? lol I think the black ones are pretty. :)
Old 03-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #29 
fishyinpa

Thanks Nataku! Maybe...I dunno where petco gets them from,but im sure its prolly the same distributor. He does look quite young..and small...he has some growing to do!
Old 03-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #30 
Nataku

Sounds similar to my guy, he's also quite small compared to my other two betta so I've been betting he's on the younger side too. Does your guy have any particular color shine when you put a bright light on him Fishyinpa? Mine has a green iridescence towards the front half of his body.

I wish the people at my local Petco were more intelligent, or cared about the fish, then maybe I could get an answer out of them about where or who they get their fish from, other than "Um, I think we get orders of fish in about once a week?"
The black bettas are really pretty though, it's nice to see how a betta can take such an otherwise dark and drab color and make it look so flashy. <3 It's just a pity its not a more common color in bettas, and that most black bettas are sterile. Curse genetics for making such pretty colors so hard to obtain!
Nataku is offline   Reply With Quote