Betta Fish Forum banner

Favorite betta.

2K views 37 replies 14 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
For those of you who have multiple bettas, would you admit to having a favorite? I mean, I love ALL my bettas but I DO have to admit I have a favorite among the group. :p

#7 ·
Hmm...well im kinda partial to Fishy since he was my first betta. Dont tell my others that hehe..

#20 ·
Whooops, I misssed this post awhile ago, I just want to say shes great! she has such personality. She was happy and healthy at $4 at petco! She has a really cool color! sort of this color (I don't own the betta, or photo http://ebetta.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/piebald-betta-fish.jpg) anway, if you ever get the chance u should def. get one!:p

#13 ·
UGGGGGGGGGGG Sooooo u know I got my betta a light today? He was fine all day, I went to take a shower, came back, and he had bitten off half his tail! I took away the light right away, and I'm just hopeing he doesn't make a habbit of it!

#17 ·
hmmm, I think bettas bite fins for different reasons. Mine bit them cuz he was bored with his tank, and when I added a light to his tank he saw his reflection and it stressed him out... maybe a tankmate? An african dwarf frog? Then I'll redo his tank.... thanks for the help!

#18 ·
I do have a favorite, my little Flame, RIP Flame you were the best :(

Prof. Lupin is a tail biter. I have gotten him to slow down but not stop completely. The thing is with him is that he bites randomly. Sometimes it's stress, sometimes he just does it for no reason. Sometimes I wake up to see a huge bubblenest and a chunk missing from his fins....odd fish :/ The first thing to do is to figure out the cause though. Bordome biters are relatively easy to treat, stress biters should be fine provided you have a quiet room in your house, random trigger biters are another story altogether..believe me. I've tried him by himself, in a divided tank (that was the worse! poor guy was so stressed he even bit his top fin!) in clear water, in dark water, with minimal stimulus, with lots of stimulus, he was in a 10 gallon (not his permanent home, just the QT tank that I had set up when he came home), then in a 5.5 gallon where he is now. He just bites everywhere, but certainly less where he is now in his 5.5 gallon all by himself, with dark stained water, and daily interaction but it has to be just nice talking and not anything drastic. I don't move his decor around much because it stresses him out......now if you have a bordome biter that would be a great thing to do so they're all different. Anyway, I'm rambling so I'll stop. Hope this helps.

#19 ·
lol,thanks! he bites from stress, and boredom. :( he really only gets stressed with messed up water perameters, loud nioses, and too much light. He gets bored really easily. I am in the process of redoing his tank, and maybe getting a tankmate... I prly need a bigger tank to do that tho. hes only in a 4g. thanks again, kim!

#25 ·
What a great thread dramaqueen!! 8)

If I`m being honest, I would have to say that out of the 3 Bettas I have.......Chimlin would have to be my favourite. Purely because I`ve worried about him more than the others when I treated him for Whitespot. I guess the fact that he`s Pink helps too seeing as it`s my favourite colour :-D

I love them all to bits though :oops::lol:

Lise x

#26 ·
I love them all but my favorite is deffinitly Snowflake, he was my first and...*hushed voice* prettiest betta */hushed voice*

#28 ·
So true, I was sad to see a teacher at my school had a full grown veiltale in what appeared to be less than a 1/2g critter keeper. Like whatever the smallest critter keeper you can find, he was in it. I though he was dead a first because he wasnt moving and was a dark brown color. I sat there and counted to almost 30 before he finally moved to go up for air. So sad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.