Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #21 
Deanna01

I asked the seller of the DT girl I bought if he had any males that would be suitable. He is going to get back to me.

If I have an ultimate goal in breeding, it would be to achieve the looks Banlean has--fish that look like art, as you say. I am certain that takes a great amount of experience, though, and am unsure what smaller goals to focus on in the meantime.

I am going to try to produce some green show-worthy fish. But I am honestly more interested in producing interesting and unique patterns and color combinations.
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #22 
Lamb

I agree! I also just want to breed beautiful fish. I would like the pattern of the female, but a mixture of color and the fins and form of the male. I appreciate the painting reference, kind of puts things in perspective a bit. :) Thanks for starting this thread Deanna01 and Myates for all of the help and information! I look forward to some links, and I am going to read the stickys now. :)
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #23 
Myates

I'm the same.. there is only one line I am working on, everything else I just rather make pretty and interesting fish :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #24 
Lamb

I did splurge on another... the seller gave me a great deal! I paid full price for this one, and he's adding a female he picked specifically for him for only $10, which is a steal if she's as great as he is, and at less than a fourth of the cost of him. After these I won't be purchasing anymore, but later might breed them, and later depending I might cross the lines. :) What do you think of him, I think he looks great with what I've read about form, fins, etc.

Name:  $(KGrHqRHJEkFGqFt!q1TBR)Ptr0S-!~~60_57.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  67.7 KB
Old 07-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #25 
Myates

He's a handsome boy :) Not a whole lot of work needed on him if you do decide to breed him.

Remember when buying imports that they are a bit more temperamental to water quality and temp than domesticated ones. Make sure to have IAL available as it will help a great deal in their health and wellness. If he is domestic than even better. It's mainly due to their is a big difference in waters that we have and waters they use over there. I've always had bad luck with imports and just with domestic now.. there is another reason, but may get some people a lil upset :) So just make sure to keep up on their water changes and add in IAL and they should be fine.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #26 
Lamb

They're actually from Colorado! I'm too afraid to but anything that isn't at least within the United States. He's pretty isn't he? I haven't seen the female yet but he's proven to be a great breeder so far so I'll trust him. :)
Old 07-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #27 
Myates

Ah.. even better :) I rather support local (US) breeders..
Old 07-12-2013, 12:57 AM   #28 
dramaqueen
Banned

He's very pretty!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:25 AM   #29 
snowflake311

What you took this female

And breed with this male

Last edited by snowflake311; 07-12-2013 at 02:31 AM.
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:41 AM   #30 
Darth

The fish you have on page 2 are known as chocolate bettas, and very hard to find, these are valuable strains for breeders because if you cross these to yellow or orange it will make them more intense, also this type of betta also works like the NR1 gene, if you cross those 2 you will get chocolates unless they have Cambodian in the background.
I am looking for these in HM right now.
Darth is offline   Reply With Quote