Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #61 
litelboyblu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna01 View Post
I bought this OHM boy today to go with my DT girl. He's actually a sibling of hers. I am hoping they should make for a really fun spawn, should I ever get the hang of this! I should get DT and DTHM fancy dragons in a variety of colors?

wow there soooo pretty and super cute!! who's the seller on AB ?
litelboyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #62 
Myates

So you did get him? lol did you get him from the link I showed you? He is a pretty boy.. looks like he may have some marble to him as well. You're going to get some unique babies!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #63 
Fenghuang

I have a "fancy" marble dragon HMDT. Heavy finnage and still growing.

Seller pictures

After marbling

I don't have a female for him yet, but I was thinking of just going with a simple cello HM like this girl from BasementBettas. I keep going back to this one's auction page, but I am not breeding for a while yet.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1376454004

Thoughts?
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:10 AM   #64 
Deanna01

Indjo has warned me that I might get excessive branching in the offspring of the first pair on this page. Should that be controllable? I simply don't breed RT or FT? They are siblings.
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #65 
Darth

Breeding RT isn't all bad you will also get some very nice HM out of this combo.
Darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #66 
Deanna01

That's good to hear, Darth! Maybe I won't shy away from it, then....
Old 08-16-2013, 01:37 AM   #67 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna01 View Post
Indjo has warned me that I might get excessive branching in the offspring of the first pair on this page. Should that be controllable? I simply don't breed RT or FT? They are siblings.
The male has excessive branching as it is. Since I believe females pass on more of her fins, pairing him to a DT would produce fry with more ray branching - possibly roses. I'm not saying you shouldn't breed them. I'm just telling you to be careful when breeding the F1 and if possible, don't inbreed since it is unadvised to inbreed both roses nor DT. But breeding to unrelated genes should be fine, specially to less rays (4 rays).

Fenghuang's male is a DT but the female is a 2 ray. This pairing should be totally safe and can even be inbred. In fact, since offspring should follow more of the female's fins, fry should be 2 - 4 rays.

Quote:
What would be the likely outcomes of a super black x orange dalmation spawn? Not saying I would do it... I'm just curious.
Mattsbetta; A few breeders say that you will get a majority of super blacks (black male x yellow/orange female). At the same time you should eventually get more vibrant yellow/orange - maybe in F3. I'm not really sure how reliable this is as I haven't tried it myself. Further I'm not sure how the dalmation will affect the black. . . (will there be black dalmations?). . . . dalmation to my knowledge is partially dominant; you will have dalmation for a few generations. But this applies to yellow/orange/red crossings.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #68 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Huh... That sounds interesting. That might be a neat experiment if I don't find a good male for my female.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:24 PM   #69 
Vier

What would you get (assuming linebred) with a opaque/platinum white x super black betta? What about white x orchid (no red only black and blue irid)- would it turn out different?
Vier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #70 
Deanna01

I am having further trouble with Profish--they are telling me again they cannot send the solid green I had bought--and so am going to have to go a different direction for my nice solid green dragon female. I am intrigued by this boy. What do you think he would do with a gold dragon female or a solid green dragon female?