Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM   #1 
Elanhac

Seeking advice on adjustable heaters

I have three tanks and 4 brand new non adjustable heaters. Before I got my two Bettas I had the tanks set up and heaters plugged in, one did not work, so I took it back out. Two were holding right around 80 which I thought was great. those are the two I am using. The one in Clive's tank is now reading with temps over 80, maybe 84, 85. I want to get a good mini heater for my tanks that I can adjust, so brand names or links for those would be much appreciated. (I did type in adjustable heaters in the search forum, but that gave me too many posts to go through to find what I needed!) In the mean time, the heater in my non fish tank is reading consistently 77.9, would you recommend I switch out the higher running heater for the lower one until I can order something else? Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Elanhac; Yesterday at 11:18 AM.
Elanhac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM   #2 
Synnipuff

You should try a light dimmer, they can be as cheap as $15 w/ taxes. That's what I'm about to do; I can't see it not working as I use a herpstat on a zoomed med. heat pad for my ball python...
Keep the receipt and packaging! :D

7.5w Aqueon flat heater for up to 3g keeps my 1g tanks between 84 - 86. I want 78 - 80 or so. It's been 70 - 76 in the house (spring time).

Last edited by Synnipuff; Yesterday at 11:56 AM. Reason: ambient add-on. &&.
Synnipuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #3 
Elanhac

Thank you Synnipuff!
Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM   #4 
LittleStar

Hi there,
I like the Aqueon adjustable heaters too and have used all the different wattage over the years: http://amzn.com/B000YAJJZS

These have always performed great for me but I never expect them to last a long time and I always have an extra one in case it breaks down. I generally change my heaters out every six months or so and I've never been stuck in the cold season with a break-down that way. So I'd at least keep a spare on hand.

Good luck!
LittleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM   #5 
Elanhac

Thank you! I just ordered two adjustable heaters, so soon everything will be a little better for my Bettas!