Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM   #1 
nerys

Exclamation Aquanest heater not working

Hello! I'm new to bettas.

I have one beautiful boy named Midus. He lives in a 10 gallon aquarium with conditioned water, a heater, a filter, a light, hiding spaces, a giant moss ball, and a lid. (Am I missing anything?)

I bought a 50 watt submersible glass heater from ebay. Its called aquanest, and I read an old topic on this website about the nice quality of it. However, mine isn't working! The "power on" indicator light won't light up, and it doesn't produce heat. I've tried unplugging it and Plugging it back in again, but nothing seems to work! Right now the lightbulb is doing all the work!

I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it; This is my first fish heater. I'm a little inexperienced in the matter.

Thank you!
Attached Images

nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:26 PM   #2 
nerys

UPDATE: I got it to work. Silly me... ��
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:31 PM   #3 
TuiAndLa

Glad you got it working. =)

What a coincidence, I also ordered the same heater recently and saw that thread about them before I ordered.

I bought two 50 watts. I tend to go overkill on everything, so they're used for 3 gallons each. lol Oddly enough, as oversized as they are, they seem to be 8-10 degrees under what I set the dial to.

I did everything properly, let 30 mins pass after putting them in the tanks, before plugging them in, slowly adjusted it, etc. It's still 8-10 degrees off though on both of them (one is actually in a 5 gal atm, but will be in the 3 gallon later). I have to set it to 86 just for it to stay a steady 74, and at 89, it keeps the water about 78-80. Regardless, I'm happy it keeps the temp steady at least so I can't complain too much.

I'm also in the deep south so it's not even too cold- aka, the heater shouldn't need to work hard at all. So I don't understand why it's so off.

Have you noticed the same issue or is your dial working properly?
TuiAndLa is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquanest, ebay, glass, heater, submersible