Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Yesterday, 11:24 PM   #1 
bumblebleee45

Question What Tank Do I Use? Please Help Me!

Okay, so I was browsing around PetSmart, because I was planning on trying to do a sorority of female bettas. I had found this five gallon tank with and LED light, contrelable filter, and it looked really nice. Plus, it was on sale, and my parents are members of PetSmart, so I would get even extra off. I was wondering if I could do 3-4 female bettas in a five gallon tank? Would that be safe? I know it depends on the bettas personality, and other things, and I looked all over the internet, but diffrent places said diffrent things, so I came here. Please help me, I want whats best for those bettas stuck in those tiny cups.
bumblebleee45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM   #2 
christinamac

5 gallons is too small for a female Betta sorority. I've never kept a sorority myself, but I believe you have to have a minimum of 5 females and lots of space to make it work. If you put more than one Betta (male or female) in a 5 gallon, there will be fights. If your want you tank size to be 5 gallons, I would only put one Betta in there.

Lots of members have female Betta sororities and I'm sure someone will reply with more helpful info soon.
christinamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM   #3 
bumblebleee45

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinamac View Post
5 gallons is too small for a female Betta sorority. I've never kept a sorority myself, but I believe you have to have a minimum of 5 females and lots of space to make it work. If you put more than one Betta (male or female) in a 5 gallon, there will be fights. If your want you tank size to be 5 gallons, I would only put one Betta in there.

Lots of members have female Betta sororities and I'm sure someone will reply with more helpful info soon.
ok, thanks for the help anyways! I appreciate anything, i'm lucky not to have bought that and had a fight, that would have been worse than not getting it at all!
bumblebleee45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:10 AM   #4 
hellobird

I believe you would want a minimum of 10-15 gallons for a sorority. The more space the better, and it needs to be very heavily planted to break up line of site, to the point where you cannot see the other side of the tank when looking front to back, and side to side.
hellobird is offline   Reply With Quote