Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM   #1 
BrokenRhythm

Partition question

I recently got myself a twin fighter tank with a clear partition and I've received some conflicting advice about it, some people have told me that the clear partition will stress them out and shorten their lifespan, and that I should put something over it to cover it, while others have said that it is absolutely fine and there should be no problem. I have already bought some aquarium background stuff to cover the partition just in case. Can anyone advise me?
BrokenRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM   #2 
MameJenny

If you see them flaring at each other and constantly trying to get at each other, yeah, it could be stressing them out. If they don't really seem to notice each other much, they're fine. You can just put a few plants or decorations along the divider to break up their view of the other betta. I have a divided tank with a translucent divider, and all the bettas I've had in there have done great.

How big is your tank? In general, the smallest tank that should really be divided is a 5 gallon tank. Anything smaller really won't give each betta enough horizontal space. There are a lot of tiny divided tanks sold for bettas that are pretty terrible long-term homes.
MameJenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #3 
BrokenRhythm

I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure it's a 5 gallon tank. I did try putting plants along the divider, but it blocked up the flow of water underneath the partition, so I had to move them back.
BrokenRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote