Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #10251 
twolovers101

Most recent photos of the 10 and hex/bowfront npts :)
Attached Images

twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #10252 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFloorzack View Post
Aluyasha what plant is that all the way to the right in the 4 gallon Fluval View?!?! Beautiful tanks!!
According to my lfs it is called a Dwarf Nomaphila. Cannot seem to find much information on it though so I am not sure if that is it's real name.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #10253 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niece View Post
Is the cube one you have a tetra 3 gal cube?
I've been thinking about purchasing one and just wondering if the light could grow plants or not.
Yeah I believe it is a Tetra. So far my plants are doing good. They have lost a few leaves and do not grow really fast but the light seems adequate enough. :)
Old 11-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #10254 
Chachi

This is where my babies live.... they are right in the center of my kitchen table where I sit with my laptop so we spend lots of quality time together! And the family enjoys them at dinnertime!
Attached Images

Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #10255 
Aluyasha

Love those setups! Are they the halfmoon tanks from Petco?
Old 11-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #10256 
JDavidGraves

New Tank

Hey everyone! I'm new to the site, and new to keeping betta. I just set this tank up today. I'm gonna let it cycle for a few days before I get a betta for it. The tank is 5.5 Gal. Do you think a betta would be happy here? The plants are silk, and I put a sponge over the intake of the filter to stem the current. There is a heater in the tank as well, which is rated for a 5.5 Gal. tank. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

JDavidGraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #10257 
Aluyasha

Looks like a great betta home ^
Cannot see much else to improve on. :)
Old 11-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #10258 
Tree

Chachi, I have the same tank! though now I use it for my hospital tank. =P
Tree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #10259 
Chachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
Love those setups! Are they the halfmoon tanks from Petco?
Yep, made by Tetra. I love that they seem like they are in the same tank but they're not! And they like to play together!
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #10260 
Tabbie82

@JDavidGraves- Your tank looks great and I think a betta would be very happy in there! I love the blue gravel.

My only concern would be the green and red plants on the left hand side of the tank. Those plants (from PetSmart) have caused a lot of problems for people. They have a metal piece in them that rusts and the rust leaks out of the base.

I had one in one of my tanks and it made an awful mess. Luckily my fish was ok. I would suggest that you check the base on them whenever you clean your tank and make sure that there is no rust coming out of them if you don't want to go ahead and replace them.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just giving you a heads up. I was so upset when I discovered it. There are several threads on here about those plants and I wish that I had known before I had put one in my tank.
Tabbie82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank