Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #10301 
Tree

Awwwwww That will be a great memorial for him. <3

Flutteri and tlatch89, your tanks are amazing! 8D
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #10302 
2muttz

First post

I've been wandering around this forum for awhile, but this is my first post!

Here is Miz Bea in her 5 gallon cottage! All the plants are fake except for the moss balls - I am absolutely poop at plants

Name:  IMG_4194.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  64.6 KB

I wanted to make the tank feel like a Great Lakes shipwreck... still working at it! Kinda like the way the heater seems to be part of the rigging of the background, though....

Here is a better picture of her (excuse the camera flash!). If you look closely by the moss ball on the right you will see one of her two nerite snails! ~~ BTW, she has lots of hidey places behind the plants, driftwood ornament, etc, but the minute someone walks into the room she zooms out and stares at her feeding ring, lol... She is not shy!

Name:  IMG_4196.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  80.9 KB

And, no bettas in here, but just for giggles a pic of our 10 gallon small community ~ 5 danios in various color morphs, two ghost shrimp and 2 nerites....
Name:  IMG_4176.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  85.2 KB
2muttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #10303 
carlos puron

Pretty cool looking tanks I like the community one :)
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #10304 
Flutteri

Close-up of Dante's tank

Flutteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #10305 
Tree

Oh wow! I love the ship in the background 2muttz and welcome to the forum. =D

that moss ball is HUGE and perfectly round Flutteri LOL I split mine apart and now I have many smaller ones. Some are so small that I had to take them out of the betta tanks because I keep sucking them up with the vacuum. They are in a separate tank of their own with a filter that moves them around. they are fun to watch even if they are not fish. Hehe
Old 11-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #10306 
Flutteri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post

that moss ball is HUGE and perfectly round Flutteri LOL I split mine apart and now I have many smaller ones. Some are so small that I had to take them out of the betta tanks because I keep sucking them up with the vacuum. They are in a separate tank of their own with a filter that moves them around. they are fun to watch even if they are not fish. Hehe
Hey how do you split them? You just tear them apart..? Or do you use knife or something?
Old 11-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #10307 
2muttz

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos puron View Post
Pretty cool looking tanks I like the community one :)
Thank you!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #10308 
2muttz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post

Thank you for the kind complement and the welcome Tree!

And I agree that is one of the most beautiful moss balls I have ever seen Flutteri! ( and a stunning tank set up) It looks like a green globe! And is that a teeny little perfectly round baby right next to it?. My baby moss balls always look shaggy and like they just came out of a meat grinder... /:
Old 11-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #10309 
Flutteri

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muttz View Post
Thank you for the kind complement and the welcome Tree!

And I agree that is one of the most beautiful moss balls I have ever seen Flutteri! ( and a stunning tank set up) It looks like a green globe! And is that a teeny little perfectly round baby right next to it?. My baby moss balls always look shaggy and like they just came out of a meat grinder... /:
Thanks! :) I like your tanks as well! Yes, it's a baby moss ball. :) I dose liquid carbon and liquid fertilizer to my plants and those moss balls seems to like fertilizers as well! They grow faster and look rounder.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #10310 
Tree

You can use a knife scissors or with your fingers. But it will take a while for them to get back their round shape. three of the four large ones of mine is round and the six small ones are getting their round shape. I heard you can also flatten them out to look more natural. I might do that to one of my large ones when it grows about the size of yours. =)

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank