Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #10331 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh yes, I did have a snail infestation but....yeah my girls completely demolished all my snails lol, didn't even leave one to grow up so you should be fine
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #10332 
Flutteri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramla View Post
Not entirely sure on their shape yet XD they are still pretty tiny, smaller than my pinky fingernail, though definitely not the rams horn.

I think the reproduction part is the only thing I am worried about, I'd rather not have an explosion of snails :/ Though I have heard that bettas will sometimes eat baby snails? Is that true?
I've heard that too that bettas eat small snails. I haven't ever seen a betta eating a snail though...

EDIT: I see lilnaugrim already answered the question... :D
My bettas have always been the opposite = no interest in snails.

Last edited by Flutteri; 11-14-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Flutteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #10333 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutteri View Post
My bettas have always been the opposite = no interest in snails.
Ugg, you're lucky! I can't keep any snail/invert in my tank without them killing/eating it! So....you can image I've got lots of algae....sigh
Old 11-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #10334 
Flutteri

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Ugg, you're lucky! I can't keep any snail/invert in my tank without them killing/eating it! So....you can image I've got lots of algae....sigh
But you can keep larger snails, like apple or zebra snails. :) Although if they made babies, your bettas would probably eat them... But adults are definitely too large for bettas mouth. :D
Old 11-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #10335 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
But you can keep larger snails, like apple or zebra snails. :) Although if they made babies, your bettas would probably eat them... But adults are definitely too large for bettas mouth. :D
Oh no, they don't eat the adults they just kill them. They pick their eye's and then continue on to destroy their body once the snail is dead. I literally cannot keep any snails, I've tried all types! :-/
Old 11-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #10336 
Flutteri

Quote:
Oh no, they don't eat the adults they just kill them. They pick their eye's and then continue on to destroy their body once the snail is dead. I literally cannot keep any snails, I've tried all types! :-/
WOW... You got true assassin bettas! You can't keep shrimps either..?
Old 11-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #10337 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
WOW... You got true assassin bettas! You can't keep shrimps either..?
Assassins, Ninjas, Knights, yep got them all haha. Shimps are a huuuge no-no, they gobble them up like snacks the instant they hit the water! I've tried Amano, Ghost, and Neo's and no such luck, I've debated a Bamboo shrimp but I'm not sure I could handle a shrimp that grows up to 5 inches they kind of skeeve me out too lol I don't mind when they're in the water, just when I have to transport them or move them somewhere haha
Old 11-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #10338 
Flutteri

Quote:
Assassins, Ninjas, Knights, yep got them all haha. Shimps are a huuuge no-no, they gobble them up like snacks the instant they hit the water! I've tried Amano, Ghost, and Neo's and no such luck, I've debated a Bamboo shrimp but I'm not sure I could handle a shrimp that grows up to 5 inches they kind of skeeve me out too lol I don't mind when they're in the water, just when I have to transport them or move them somewhere haha
Amazing... You may have little piranhas instead of bettas! Yeah that 5 inch shrimp sounds a bit creepy... :D
Old 11-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #10339 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Amazing... You may have little piranhas instead of bettas! Yeah that 5 inch shrimp sounds a bit creepy... :D
lol yeah, I'll have to look for their little sharp teeth tomorrow to confirm it! lol
Old 11-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #10340 
Draug Isilme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
my latest update on my tanks. I made each boy a hid out and placed them in last night. =)
You have a very good eye for color. Your use of decorations compliment each of your bettas very well ^.^
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank