Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #10421 
Bounce

Haven't been on in a while and am popping in to post a quick picture of my 10 gallon tank. I threw away all the dwarf water lettuce because it was so irritating while trying to clean the gravel, sticking to my hands and the gravel vacuum, and replaced it was some anacharis.

Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #10422 
Tree

One of my boys 3 gallon planted tank I just finished today. Right now Anchovy is in the 1 gallon Hospital tank getting treated for fin rot. so he cannot enjoy the live plants. =( He was used to fake silk plants. =)

Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #10423 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
One of my boys 3 gallon planted tank I just finished today. Right now Anchovy is in the 1 gallon Hospital tank getting treated for fin rot. so he cannot enjoy the live plants. =( He was used to fake silk plants. =)

Looks good! Is that Mondo or Kyoto grass? Also are the Anacharis still in bundles?
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:00 AM   #10424 
Tree

thanks =)

it's Mondo, I heard that they rot when fully submerged though. thinking of a way to have them still in the tank without rotting on me. =/

you mean the plants in back? My local fish store said they are Hornwort. but I'm pretty sure they look alike. XD and yeah they are in a bundle. but some are floaters.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:38 AM   #10425 
Gallifrey

So, I wasn't planning on getting another betta today. All I was planning to do was go to the UPS Store to drop something off, but then there was an aquarium store right next door, so I had to go in! The store was having a special: buy the filter and the tank together for only $20. So I bought them. (I may replace the filter later on, as well as a new heater because I don't like using the current heater in the tank for winter. I also plopped a floating log in there after taking this photo.) Over $100 later... Here is the new set up for my new boy! I found him at Petco. He and his new home are in the family room. The tank is Cambodia themed. :) He's been swimming around and hiding a lot. Whenever I can't see him, I'm pretty sure he's hiding inside of that giant silk plant in the back. xD I'm also debating whether or not to attach a light at the top, but I most likely will not. The family gets plenty of natural light during the day.

P.S. I'm taking suggestions for a name!
Attached Images

Last edited by Gallifrey; 12-01-2013 at 03:42 AM.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #10426 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
thanks =)

it's Mondo, I heard that they rot when fully submerged though. thinking of a way to have them still in the tank without rotting on me. =/

you mean the plants in back? My local fish store said they are Hornwort. but I'm pretty sure they look alike. XD and yeah they are in a bundle. but some are floaters.
Yeah that's not Hornwort, definitely Anacharis. Well for them to grow properly you need to unbundle them and plant them that way. Some of them can float, Anacharis loves to float
Old 12-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #10427 
Sally M

My 3 tanks

I just started out with a Fluval 2g, then a NPT Fluval 5.6g, and then an AquaTop 14.5g. I'm going to start a journal for them all soon with more pics and info on the residents.
Attached Images

Sally M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #10428 
LittleBettaFish

Had some spare java fern floating around in an empty tank so figured why not put it to use.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #10429 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Yeah that's not Hornwort, definitely Anacharis. Well for them to grow properly you need to unbundle them and plant them that way. Some of them can float, Anacharis loves to float

So will the Anacharis stay put in the gravel if I unbundle it when I have to do a 30% water change? What other good plant would be an easy and low light plant to be in the gravel?

I kinda want one more plant in the tank, or do you think it would be too much for the small 3 gallon tank?
Old 12-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #10430 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
So will the Anacharis stay put in the gravel if I unbundle it when I have to do a 30% water change? What other good plant would be an easy and low light plant to be in the gravel?

I kinda want one more plant in the tank, or do you think it would be too much for the small 3 gallon tank?
Yes, just shove it down in the gravel and use your hand to push some more gravel around it to keep it anchored and after a while it will grow roots ^_^ But plants usually grow better when given a little space to breath from each stem

Psssh, my 3 gallon is like a jungle lol Well here's an update on my 3 gallon anyway just so you can see. Hard to see but I also have Ancharis floating ^_^

Other great plants are: Java Fern, Java Moss, Anubias, Dwarf Lily, Tiger Lily(just trim the pads and it will stay low and bushy), Water Sprite, Water Wisteria, any Hygrophila plant basically, Green Rotala or Ludwigia, floating Pennywort or Moneywort. There are a lot of plants you could get

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank