Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-03-2010, 01:01 PM   #1081 
fishmadcraig

I am soo rubbish with camera's but i want to share this. Im finally happy with the way this 10G (uk gallons) looks after months and months of fiddling!

I got some gravel from my nan yesterday and it just looks SO much better than the nasty glass gromets i was using. Its so tidy now. Just a heater, Gravel, Filter, the right side has a single Marimo and the left side has one that i've broken up since my goldfish enjoyed playing football with it a little too much. They grow SO quickly, ones almost doubled is size over night! Im planning on keeping it with no decorations because it gives them a little more room, but im cutting down my nano tank later so im going to fill each side up with the Java cuttings that i have :)

And heres one of one of my new goldfish that i got yesterday. I got him and his brother, they look almost identicle. They've got a 20 Gallon to themselves and love it. I just hope there not stunted so they grow nice and big and to their full potential. I know its not a goldfish forum but im so proud of my new guys :) The photo is from side on hence the dirty glass! And Gary my snail just had to get into the photo haha!

Last edited by fishmadcraig; 05-03-2010 at 01:05 PM.
fishmadcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:19 AM   #1082 
Welsh

Here is my betta Aden's little home, its not much to look at but I hope to get more plants soon for the poor little guy =)
Attached Images

Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #1083 
ldempsey

Allow me to introduce myself.

Hello, I'm a new member, and I've been reading quite a bit here. I've included some pictures of my 10 Gallon tank setup. This is my second setup.

My first one didn't go quite so well. I had 2 Bettas, a Turtle, and a Pleko. At some point, the Pleko ended up with a bum fin, like someone had attacked it. It may have been the turtle (about 2" long). A few days later, it died, and about a week after that, the turtle died too.

Now, I've got just the two Bettas, and another Red Eared Slider. After reading through this site, we're moving the turtle into its own larger tank soon.

Here's the full setup:

I'm using river rocks from the dollar store, rather than coloured gravel. I don't like that stuff. This looks much more natural. I also grabbed some limestone rocks from outside and washed, scrubbed, and boiled them to disinfect them without chemicals.

I'm using a whisper filter and adjusted the flow to its lowest. I've also removed the bubbler after reading that bettas are surface air breathers. Wow, how cool is that.

And here are the girls: I call them "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish"

Funny thing is - when we got the red one, she was yellow.

Here's all three of them:

And this is Fred:

For Fred, the turtle, I've got a 40W clip light as a basking light. The main light is a CFL 100W equivalent natural daylight. I'm hoping it gives off enough UV light. When the new tank comes in, I'll have a proper set of lights for it.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found the site. I've learned quite a bit and it looks like I've got a lot more to learn.

Last edited by ldempsey; 05-04-2010 at 11:25 AM.
ldempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #1084 
britnyjackson

your pics didn't show up...try reposting them
britnyjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #1085 
rlw

I see all the pics...cute turtle...mine is named Ted. We're turtlesitting while my daughter is stationed in Korea(army).
rlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #1086 
Kittles

I really like the pseudo stone henge going on with those slate-style rocks. They're very interesting, and it's aesthetically very pleasing. Also, I'm a sucker for red eared sliders. Your turtle is amazing.
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #1087 
betta325

My bettas

Here is my male betta Victor.

Here is my female betta Alice.
betta325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #1088 
Starbright

Very cute!! Your two females are so adorable! You're lucky the two of them are fine with each other!! Did they show aggression at first?

The goldfish is cute ;) Two of my favorite fish can't be more opposite! Bettas and Goldfish! lolol x)
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #1089 
Noko

I love Fred :P

When/ if I get the 100 gallon tank, I will post pictures of all my tanks. I am getting the 20 gallon for the sorority, but I am dividing the sorority, so it will be a divided tank. The ten gallon tank will end up being a platy nursery.
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #1090 
britnyjackson

Matador making momma a bubble nest!! How cute!!
Attached Images

britnyjackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, tank