Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2010, 07:52 AM   #1171 
newfiedragon

Yeah...I adjusted it to the lowest setting and it was still too much current. I think part of the problem is the shape of the tank, too. Those Marina tanks have a funny shape, so it's hard to judge the angles to figure out where the current's going to go. I'm planning on getting a new and different filter, probably Elite biofoam, since I actually think that my fish is getting his fins sucked into the intake and they're getting ragged from the hard sponge that's in there.
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #1172 
Sarada

I'm on my second filter too, I switched from a tetra whisper power filter to a sponge filter as the first one made too much current.
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:04 PM   #1173 
newfiedragon

Yup...still too strong. I'm gonna pick up a sponge filter when I get the chance and keep that one for a slightly bigger tank (when I get one).
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #1174 
ThePearlFish

Ok guys!! here it is!! or rather here are some of my new tanks! I still have a couple more to do for the rest of my fish.

The complete setup so far:

(and in order) Firefly's Tank (Spring Theme):

Pegasus's Tank (in a Greek theme):

Firedrake's Tank (a Fiery Autumn Theme, I might try to find a small red decoration for that empty side):

Phantom's Tank (a winter/ice palace theme, I might see if I can laminate white printing paper to use for the background and a decoration for in between the plants):

I will post the last two when I am done :)
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #1175 
vaygirl

Wow, that is a GREAT setup Pearlfish! I love it!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #1176 
ThePearlFish

thanks I am very proud of myself :) now I just need to find room for one more tank around that area. I could put it on the bottom shelf of one of those stands, but the bending over and having no space to work would be a pain. plus It is hard to get lights down there :P I'd love it if I had another 12" right next to the last tank :P
Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #1177 
doggyhog

That looks AMAZING!!!!!!!! What a great setup!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #1178 
dramaqueen
Banned

It looks fantastic!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #1179 
Owlets

Frank's current tank, his 5.5 gallon! I already posted it somewhere else but oh well~ I'd love to put real plants in it sometime soon, and some pots and such, but plants are so expensive! One day I shall.

I'll put up a photo of Roy's tank once I buy all the stuff for it on Friday, I have nice plans for it in my head C:
Owlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:20 AM   #1180 
ThePearlFish

that looks cool, I like how the hide looks like it is "growing" from the gravel.

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank