Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2010, 02:48 AM   #1201 
MustardGas

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjadestar View Post
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your tank! That sculpture in the left is SO cute! Where did you get it?

To be honest, I have no idea. I went on a trip to Idaho and there was this little pet shop right by our hotel! The ornament was only $2 and my boyfriend plays saxophone so it fit :P
MustardGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:51 PM   #1202 
zebrafinch

Old tank I had.

Upgraded to 5 gallon tank, Tom Aquarium Products Mini Internal Filter, Elite 25W mini submersible heater, one live plant and one fake grassy looking plant.
Attached Images

zebrafinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #1203 
Terranariko

Here's my 5 gallon, I just decorated a bit, it's not fully complete but when it is, I'm gonna get another betta fish for it. =3

Name:  IMG_2186.jpg
Views: 1396
Size:  110.7 KB
Name:  IMG_2187.jpg
Views: 1395
Size:  117.1 KB
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #1204 
akjadestar

Hmmm did they have lots of other cool sculptures too? If you remember the name, I'd so get on their site and order one if I could...
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #1205 
RandomFish

Show & tell time! These are still works in progress I'm planning on them being heavily planted (gradually).

1.) Wispy in his 10-gallon. He has a water sprite (one of the stems forming a funny angle there...) & a rock ornament. The writing is from the sticker and I've been lazy about scratching it off lol

2.) Alpha (formerly "Fishbert") in his 10-gallon, with a sprig of water sprite, floating log, silk plant, and a bit of java moss which I'm hoping will eventually grow all over the rock ornament.

3.) Beta (new guy) in his 10-gallon Tetra halfmoon tank with some silk plants, water sprite, & floating log.

4.) Moondance in his 5-gallon. He was originally in a 10-gallon but seemed totally overwhelmed so I switched him out with Alpha who was in the 5-gallon and now they're both happy. He has a big ol' water sprite, a floating log, a bit of java moss and a little java fern starting out. This tank would definitely benefit aesthetically from a black or dark green background, to hide the wires & to create a contrast with Moondance's color.

RandomFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #1206 
akjadestar

That halfmoon tank is really nice! Where is it from? And your tanks look really nice! I really like the 5 gallon (I like my tanks really planted)
Old 07-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #1207 
RandomFish

Thanks so much! Yeah, planted tanks rock, don't they? I used to prefer ornaments over plants but after seeing how much the fish appreciate resting on and swimming through soft leaves....awww. Had to change my preferences too.

I got the halfmoon tank from ebay...it was almost exactly $100 with shipping included. Yep, kinda pricey! I wouldn't recommend it for a halfmoon betta because I learned the hard way that the vertical distance is really tough for an un-streamlined fish with such heavy fins. Beta the veiltail is having a blast though...he's all over the darn thing!

P.S. Jade is gorgeous! So sleek. I wish I can have a kitty (husband's allergic :( )
RandomFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #1208 
LucyLoofa

Talking

Patriot's New tank setup. :) I haven't been on long enough to post anything in FOREVER.
Aaanyways this is what operation re-habitation looks like.
I've baffled the old filter and got my hands on some tetra safe-start to help me do a fish in cycle. I also have an ammonia alert cling inside the tank from sea chem along with an honest to god tank test kit instead of the fiddly little test strips.
Hopefully all goes well. He got all excited watching me set it up and I currently have him in a 1 gallon jar, when I woke up this morning he had built a bubble nest! Something he hasn't done in over a week and a half!
I hope he likes it.

Suggestions for decor are welcome! :)
-LoocyLufa
LucyLoofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #1209 
akjadestar

Thanks Randomfish! I think she's pretty cute too... and that's too bad, allergies suck. My friend had to give away her two dogs cause her mom was allergic. LucyLoofa, your picture doesn't work ):
Old 07-04-2010, 11:33 PM   #1210 
wallywestisthebest333

Ok Lucy. A) You forgot to upload a pic of the Awesomeness that is your tank (Trust me guys it looks GREAT! =]) to photo bucket and then link to it here. and B) You REALLY need to look at that link I PM'd you about the SafeStart because the instructions are kinda foggy to say the least. =/

HEY GUYS!!!!!!!! =D My mom found my micro SDHC adapter so I can start taking and uploading pics of Genie and his digs to the forum now! =D

Expect to see something soonish? =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank