Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #1351 
wallywestisthebest333

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxTux37 View Post
The bamboo is fine, its actually been like that in a (semi-stagnant) bowl for weeks. It's funny stuff, It actually bruises if you shake it around. Thanks for the tip though, I'll keep an eye on it.
They bruise? Like bluenanas? :D

EDIT: Sorry for the Chowder reference. going to bed now. =/

BTW Miss W I LOVE percy and his tank! <3
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #1352 
Miss W

Thanks! I'd say look at my avatar to see him, but it's not showing up. I have a few pics of him on my profile. Of course, I can never get one that shows how bright of a blue he really is. He's making bubbles right now along the edge of the tank.
Miss W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #1353 
Kokonoko

Talking Riddles 10g Tank

Riddles Fish tank. The plant right next to his tail is real (bought buld from walmart) and there is also another buld at the right side of the tank as well. Hope it looks ok! >.<;
Kokonoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:58 PM   #1354 
Sarada

Looks good
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #1355 
Miss W

I saw someones tank with 4 leaf clovers at the bottom last week. I haven't been able to find the picture since. I'd like to know where they got them. Anyone have a clue who's tank I'm thinking of?
Miss W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #1356 
RKbusy

Drakon's home, which I'm fairly sure is about 2 gallons? One of the issues with purchasing second-hand equipment, you're never too sure WHAT exactly it is...

Gorgeous Manny's home, which again, I'm not positive about capacity, but again, around 2 gallons.

He LOVES his shipwreck hide-out: ^_^

And finally, Helio's home. (There IS a lid, but I took it off to take a better picture)

I also UTTERLY FAILed at my goal of keeping my newest Value Village find EMPTY for a month >.< I set it up... uh... 2 days after my initial promise!

NUUUUUUUU. I've been trying REALLY REALLY hard now to stay away from Big Al's... BUT, I work RIGHT NEXT to Big AL's... so... soo... I also happen to just know they're getting new betta in late next week. -__-

I fail.
RKbusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #1357 
Cutar

Alejandro's new home :) Yes from Lady Gaga

Let me know if its ok. I put the mini heater underneath the gravel. I believe its a little under 2 gallons

Cutar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #1358 
wallywestisthebest333

RKBusy your tanks are BEAUTIFUL!!!! <3 LOVE them! What kinds of plants are you using? I REALLY like those grassy looking plants! =]

Cutar: Your tank is so pretty! =D

If you're looking for a 2 gallon tank, why not get a big clear decorative glass jar or a Critter Tote/Kritter Keeper?

They're all around $9-$15 and since you already have gravel it wouldn't be much of a change. =] Plus you could cycle it.

Also I'd advise getting a different heater. A few users here on the forums found out that the hydor mini doesn't stop heating unless you unplug it. =[ A few fish have been cooked or nearly cooked. =[ ($30 in-store and about $15 here: http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...m?pcatid=11368)

I have the Marineland Stealth heater and it's a dream compared to my first heater! =]

Good heaters would be Marineland Stealth or the Hydor Theo. Both are adjustable and shatterproof =] The 25 watt heaters heat 2-10 gallons too. =]

I'm using a 2 gallon Herritage Hill jar by Mainstays that I picked up at Walmart (they're beside the glass cookie/candy jars that look like they belong in gas stations) for $9.75 (after tax). =]

Mine is a hospital jar so it's bare bottomed and unfiltered atm but I'm considering turning it into an actual permanent home if I get another betta. =]

Genie loves it. =]

Last edited by wallywestisthebest333; 08-04-2010 at 09:42 PM.
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #1359 
Cutar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
RKBusy your tanks are BEAUTIFUL!!!! <3 LOVE them! What kinds of plants are you using? I REALLY like those grassy looking plants! =]

Cutar: Your tank is so pretty! =D

If you're looking for a 2 gallon tank, why not get a big clear decorative glass jar or a Critter Tote/Kritter Keeper?

They're all around $9-$15 and since you already have gravel it wouldn't be much of a change. =] Plus you could cycle it.

Also I'd advise getting a different heater. A few users here on the forums found out that the hydor mini doesn't stop heating unless you unplug it. =[ A few fish have been cooked or nearly cooked. =[ ($30 in-store and about $15 here: http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...m?pcatid=11368)

I have the Marineland Stealth heater and it's a dream compared to my first heater! =]

Good heaters would be Marineland Stealth or the Hydor Theo. Both are adjustable and shatterproof =] The 25 watt heaters heat 2-10 gallons too. =]

I'm using a 2 gallon Herritage Hill jar by Mainstays that I picked up at Walmart (they're beside the glass cookie/candy jars that look like they belong in gas stations) for $9.75 (after tax). =]

Mine is a hospital jar so it's bare bottomed and unfiltered atm but I'm considering turning it into an actual permanent home if I get another betta. =]

Genie loves it. =]
I got this tank because my parents don't want a tank any bigger right now because of space.

The heater only keeps the temperature around 72 degrees so I am not sure about it over heating I dont really think its an issue.

Thanks a lot for replying!
Cutar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #1360 
newfiedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss W View Post
I saw someones tank with 4 leaf clovers at the bottom last week. I haven't been able to find the picture since. I'd like to know where they got them. Anyone have a clue who's tank I'm thinking of?
It might be my tank. There are some 4 leaf clovers in the decoration that came with the tank. The pic of the decoration is on page 135 of this post (it's currently in a different tank than the one it was purchased with).

The tank it came with is a Tetra 3 gallon kit that I got at Wal-Mart ($25 Canadian for the tank, light, and filter).

Last edited by newfiedragon; 08-04-2010 at 11:15 PM.
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank