Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #1371 
Drift

I don't really think driftwood is any specific type of wood. A lot of the types they sell in stores are Malaysian tree roots.
When I hear driftwood I think of the pieces of wood you find washed up on the river banks, those won't sink until they have been placed in the water for a long time, or "water-logged" as they call it. However, my boyfriend's dad has a piece he found kayaking he soaked for a long time and then screwed to a rock so it won't float up. Haha.
I would see if Petco would sell you a piece of theirs already in the tank. If you're cycling a tank it'll help with that since their tanks have been cycled for years and it'll have good bacteria on it. Just make sure none of their fish look sick. My Petco takes pretty good care of their fish and tank.
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #1372 
Miss W

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiedragon View Post
It might be my tank. There are some 4 leaf clovers in the decoration that came with the tank. The pic of the decoration is on page 135 of this post (it's currently in a different tank than the one it was purchased with).

The tank it came with is a Tetra 3 gallon kit that I got at Wal-Mart ($25 Canadian for the tank, light, and filter).
I don't believe that was the decorations. Thanks for trying to help though!
Miss W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #1373 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
i dont see anything:(
ahh I deleted the pic cus I had so many pics and he passed away so I took apart his tank :( sorry
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #1374 
Sicklidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
I'll try to pick up a cheap desk lamp at walmart if I decide to get another tank! =] It's gonna be a challenge finding low watt fluorescent bulbs that;ll fit though! XD At least I've got a good idea of filters I can use and stuff. =]
Plants require a certain color temperature to thrive. You should look into getting bulbs with a color temperature of 5000K to 6500K (they tend to do better in the 6500K).
You may also want to try mixing bulbs. Plants need red and blue light for photosynthesis, so you will want a bulb with quite a bit of red and blue light for your plants to grow. But, if you have just the red and blue wavelengths, it won't be quite as aesthetically pleasing.
Green light will make your tank look brighter, but serves as no use to the plants.
So take a look at the spectrum chart on the box of the bulb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post
I don't really think driftwood is any specific type of wood.
It's special in that it won't rot like any old piece of wood you may find in your yard.
----

One of the Petcos near me always has dying fish, so be very careful to make sure the driftwood doesn't come out of water that has sick fish, and remember, usually many tanks at the pet store are linked together, so if the fish in the tank with the driftwood look fine, but the ones next to it aren't its a no-go.
Sicklidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #1375 
puppyrjjkm

My 20 gallon long! :)

puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #1376 
Cutar

Wow that tanks looks amazing. Every fish has plenty of decorations and its very clean!
Cutar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #1377 
puppyrjjkm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutar View Post
Wow that tanks looks amazing. Every fish has plenty of decorations and its very clean!
Thank you!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #1378 
Welsh

The first is of my male betta's 4 gallon, the 2nd is my 12 gallon sorority/community, its not as good as it used to be but i'm working on making it better

Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #1379 
Lion Mom

VERY nice, Welsh!!!!

Some may remember last week my 20 gal. Princess tank sprang a leak and I had to move them to the 38 gal. community tank. So far all is well & I sure hope it stays that way!!

A couple pics so you can see how the girls are doing. :)
Attached Images

Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #1380 
Welsh

Thankyou Lion Mom Your diva tank is looking great, mine are monsters compared to them yours are tiny lol.Do you happen to know what the purple holly looking plant is called? lol
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank