Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2010, 12:47 AM   #1491 
ReyesBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
Are those beer bottles? lol
Lol I was wondering the same thing, but it still looks really nice!! :) Actually thinking about doing that now, if you don't mind. But I'm 13 so I gotta find someone else to drink the beer lol. My mom and grandma don't drink and my grandpa only occasionally has a *can*. But I LOVE the look!!
ReyesBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #1492 
Welsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyesBetta View Post
Lol I was wondering the same thing, but it still looks really nice!! :) Actually thinking about doing that now, if you don't mind. But I'm 13 so I gotta find someone else to drink the beer lol. My mom and grandma don't drink and my grandpa only occasionally has a *can*. But I LOVE the look!!
I'm glad i'm not encouraging under age drinking

Yup they are beer bottles I had to take the driftwood out because it had java moss attached and as I was treating the tank with aquarium salt I wasn't sure whether the moss would die, anyway, I needed a quick soloution to keep my boy happy and stop him from biting his tail through the treatment and thats when I saw the two empty beer bottles :p I cleaned them up nicely, added water and then sealed with aquarium sealant I woke the next day to find the biggest bubble-nest I have ever seen him do I was so proud
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #1493 
weluvbettas

Welsh you havent been drinking over the tank again have you?? (gives you stern look) lol
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #1494 
Welsh

Lol, ohhh you are a funny bugger :p

I am however finishing up a bottle of rose which has a unique shape so im considering which tank to put it in lol but yeah for the youngsters around the forum, if you like the idea of using beer bottles, etc in your tanks then please ask a family member or neighbour for their empty bottles, please do not drink the alcohol yourself
Old 09-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #1495 
rejohnson53

I like that beer bottle idea Welsh. Very creative. Does anyone ever swim in there to check it out and get stuck?

This is my newly planted tank. What do you guys think?

rejohnson53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:47 PM   #1496 
anglnarnld

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejohnson53 View Post
I like that beer bottle idea Welsh. Very creative. Does anyone ever swim in there to check it out and get stuck?

Love it!!!!!!! :))) Haha howmany gallons is it??? I want your tank!! :DDD
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #1497 
Lion Mom

BEAUTIFUL, rejohnson!!!! Just BEAUTIFUL!

And Welsh - quit drinkin' over the tank!!! LOL!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #1498 
rejohnson53

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnarnld View Post
Love it!!!!!!! :))) Haha howmany gallons is it??? I want your tank!! :DDD
Thank you! It's a 3 gal, but it only holds 2.5 gal of actual water after all the plants and stuff have been added. I got it on sale at Pet Supermarket about a year ago :).
rejohnson53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #1499 
c4talys7

This is Link's tank, I just got him a couple days ago and transferred him into this tank just yesterday. Can anyone give me advice on if this is a good home for him? I would be willing to track down a 5gal somewhere but being a college student it could take some time.

c4talys7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #1500 
Welsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejohnson53 View Post

No no I sealed the holes with aquarium sealant, which took a while because I sealed them up without putting water in them first lol so then I had to unseal them and wait another few hours for the sealant to dry again lol Thankfully it was a very warm day

Love the tank btw

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank