Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #1731 
anglnarnld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
Small Update :) As you can see those apongeton bulbs I got at walmart have really shot off! Especially the one in the middle of the driftwood. 4 plants for $3 :D They sprouted 2 or 3 weeks ago. Tried doing high light + c02 but I had a massive algae bloom. After a few weeks of dealing with it I gave up and went back to low light.
This is so FAB!! :)) Lovely ;)
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:40 AM   #1732 
JD3P

This is my betta tank. I tried to make it as minimal as possible while still keeping some live plants. And trying to keep it as natural looking as possible (minus the two glass jars) lol. I'm thinking about adding in a medium sized log where the green coral is at some point. And possibly adding in a few more live plants.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  50.2 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  54.8 KB
Attached Images

JD3P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #1733 
GravityKitty

I have a planted tank as well. I just added the driftwood and some of the plants. I hope they do alright! I'm thinking about hooking up a DIY CO2 system since I can't afford a real one. This houses my crowntail, Frank (he's in the upper corner) and a horned nerite snail.

GravityKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #1734 
Welsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityKitty View Post
I have a planted tank as well. I just added the driftwood and some of the plants. I hope they do alright! I'm thinking about hooking up a DIY CO2 system since I can't afford a real one. This houses my crowntail, Frank (he's in the upper corner) and a horned nerite snail.

That looks really good what plants do you have in there?
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #1735 
GravityKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh View Post
That looks really good what plants do you have in there?
Thanks! I have Anubias barteri, Anubias hastifolia, Italian Vals, Wisteria, Pennywort, anacharis, and Bacopa Monnieri.

Last edited by GravityKitty; 11-02-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #1736 
dragonfair

So I finally got all four of my tanks set up. Pics: 1st is Bravo, 2nd is Mango, 3rd is Uncle Sam & 4th is Maximus. Mango & Uncle Sam are in 3 gallon unfiltered, heated critter keepers. Brave & Maximus are in filtered, heated 10 gallons.

Now that I have Bravo's filter bottle and sponge baffled he likes to hang out in the back by it when he's not pacing the front. I have to change around the setup a lot to keep him interested so he'll want to do something besides pace. I might switch him to a smaller tank but that will wait until April.

Mango prefers the leaves to any caves, but he does like to swim around in the tree stump. He likes to sit at the front in the leaves of the stump and he blends in so sometimes my heart jumps when I can't find him.

Uncle Sam is SO much happier in a smaller tank by himself. I don't have a light for him because it stresses him and he's healing from tail biting. It's looking so much better, btw. He loves the coconut cave but he prefers to be out when I sit near him so he can watch me.

Maxi really coveted the fridge cave so even though it doesn't go with the rest I gave it to him. He likes to sit in it facing backwards and when I go near it he twists so he can look out the top hole. I have his filter bottle baffled but I'm going to add a sponge today to cut the flow even more. I'm also contemplating mixing his gravel since I'm no longer going to try to divide the tank.
Attached Images

dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #1737 
GravityKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfair View Post
So I finally got all four of my tanks set up. Pics: 1st is Bravo, 2nd is Mango, 3rd is Uncle Sam & 4th is Maximus. Mango & Uncle Sam are in 3 gallon unfiltered, heated critter keepers. Brave & Maximus are in filtered, heated 10 gallons.

Now that I have Bravo's filter bottle and sponge baffled he likes to hang out in the back by it when he's not pacing the front. I have to change around the setup a lot to keep him interested so he'll want to do something besides pace. I might switch him to a smaller tank but that will wait until April.

Mango prefers the leaves to any caves, but he does like to swim around in the tree stump. He likes to sit at the front in the leaves of the stump and he blends in so sometimes my heart jumps when I can't find him.

Uncle Sam is SO much happier in a smaller tank by himself. I don't have a light for him because it stresses him and he's healing from tail biting. It's looking so much better, btw. He loves the coconut cave but he prefers to be out when I sit near him so he can watch me.

Maxi really coveted the fridge cave so even though it doesn't go with the rest I gave it to him. He likes to sit in it facing backwards and when I go near it he twists so he can look out the top hole. I have his filter bottle baffled but I'm going to add a sponge today to cut the flow even more. I'm also contemplating mixing his gravel since I'm no longer going to try to divide the tank.
I think it looks cool with the gravel colors split in half! They're all really nice tanks!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #1738 
dragonfair

Thanks!
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #1739 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityKitty View Post

I LOVE your tank, it looks really nice.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #1740 
GravityKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeDiscoSuperfly View Post
I LOVE your tank, it looks really nice.
Thanks! I just hope it stays that way, most of those plants are new and the light is a little lower than what it seems in the picture.

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank