Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2010, 01:12 PM   #1961 
FearlessLiter

Everyone has such beautiful tanks! I just got a new 5 gallon tank and my sisters designed it and set it for me. Here it is:
Attached Images

FearlessLiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:19 PM   #1962 
Juneii

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeDiscoSuperfly View Post
That egg is freaakin SWEET! I would LOVE that!
they are in abundance in the little chinatown shops. My mom loved it when she saw it too, as long there is a small amount of light it will glow in the tank.
Juneii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #1963 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Nice tank Fearless!

Junili- I wish I lived somewhere that had a chinatown, I would have to copy you. =D
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #1964 
CrankyFish84

Fearless I <3 the Hawkeye :)
Does the Tetra preset not keep it warm enough? (I noticed the hydor mini in it too)
And I want a glowing egg thingy Juneii!
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #1965 
bettafish15

I'd get a ton of those glowing eggs and have them as my substrate on top of white sand or something XD
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:28 PM   #1966 
FearlessLiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyFish84 View Post
Fearless I <3 the Hawkeye :)
Does the Tetra preset not keep it warm enough? (I noticed the hydor mini in it too)
Thanks! It was an amazing surprise.

As to the heater; I had just set it up and wanted the water to get warm quickly, so I just shoved it in there for a little bit. I also left it in there because I was gone for a few days. However, the real answer is "I don't know." It's supposed to keep the water around 78 F +/- 2, which it did in the one gallon tank (even though it's made for a 10-30 gallon tank) at first, but then it dropped to 70 for a few days and then it started keeping it around 75. It does seem to be working now, though, for the temperature is around 77 or so. I haven't been impressed with it and need to find something I can trust. And my room is cold, so that doesn't help. I have been more impressed with hydor mini. I had a .75 gallon tank it was in and it kept the temperature around 80 all by itself. I was hoping it would do the same for the 5 gallon. So, if anyone knows of a good heater, let me know please!
FearlessLiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:06 PM   #1967 
CrankyFish84

Ahhh yes that makes sense :) I love the hydor mini pads too. Sometimes they work even better than the Tetra presets. I don't trust them that much either, except in Sterilite containers.
I use a Hydor Theo 25W in my 5G's and it's always + - 1 degree where I set it. :)
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #1968 
Jayy

The glowing egg is Very cool!! If I'm ever in chinatown I'll keep an eye out. FearlessLiter you tank is very nice. It looks soo clean and like the cave/coral thing.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:20 PM   #1969 
wallywestisthebest333

I NEED one of those eggs. Not really. but I REALLY want one! <3

That's SO cool! :D

The 25 watt Marineland Stealth is a nice heater but they're hard to find these days because they've all been replaced in most shops by Marineland Stealth Pros. :/

My Marineland heaters do well no matter where I put them! =] 1 or 5 gallons, doesn't matter! <3

btw what in the world is that silvery thing in your tank fearless? o_O; It looks cool but what's it made out of? XD
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:06 AM   #1970 
Jupiter

Love the tank Fearless! Just because I don't think I've seen anyone mention it, bamboo leaves actually rot if you leave them in the water. keeping the shot itself in the water is fine, but the leaves should be outside.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank