Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #2101 
bettafishy

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicklet View Post

What are those tanks? The ones in the 1st pic?
bettafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:31 AM   #2102 
bettamaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavist93 View Post
I'd have to disagree. I tested one out when cycling a tank and it never changed from yellow (safe color) even when I was at .50 ppm ammonia by my API test kit.
Most likely the other test kit was testing for total ammonia. Total ammonia includes both free (NH3) and ionic (NH4+) ammonia. The Ammonia Alert™only measure free ammonia because that is the harmful form. Ionic ammonia cannot harm your fish. However, as pH rises, a greater and greater percentage of the total ammonia will be converted from ionic ammonia to free ammonia, so knowledge of total ammonia is also important.
bettamaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:37 AM   #2103 
Lion Mom

Thanks all - Dragon IS a handsome fellow if I do say so myself!!! :)

I don't normally advocate going as small as 2 gallons, but in this case, I just couldn't resist. Like I said, I clean it 3 times a week even if it IS filtered!!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #2104 
dragonfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnarnld View Post
@Dragonfair; Proud I am like Mango's #1 fan!! ;D I just <3 him!!!
Aww, thanks. He's my favorite too! He's got a new game. He sits still in the plants and turn invisible. Always takes me a while to see him...
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:36 PM   #2105 
Alex09

Do your water changes guys ;) Today I did my weekly water chnage with gravel vac and this is what I pulled out of my 10 gal community tank. You dont want THIS rotting in your tank do you? DO YOU?

Sheesh, no wonder the orange tree I dump this on looks like it's on steroids (or at least compared to the others).

LOL
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #2106 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
Do your water changes guys ;) Today I did my weekly water chnage with gravel vac and this is what I pulled out of my 10 gal community tank. You dont want THIS rotting in your tank do you? DO YOU?

Sheesh, no wonder the orange tree I dump this on looks like it's on steroids (or at least compared to the others).

LOL

HAHA my bucket looks like that too when I do a water change XD
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:10 PM   #2107 
Busted

This isn't for Bettas but if my Oscar passes away it will be It's a 55 gallon currently being renovated "christmas gift" for my Oscar you could say. I've worked hard on emptying the tank, removing the gravel, cleaning the sand, filling the tank and doing water changes to clear it up.
It looks blue in the pic, but its just a little cloudy.

^ without flash ^

^ with flash ^

I will post pics of my future 30gallon Betta home soon I hope.
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #2108 
anglnarnld

Love the background ;)) Your betta is so lucky!!! I bet he is gonna be blowing up a billion *huge* bubble nest :))
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #2109 
Busted

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnarnld View Post
Love the background ;)) Your betta is so lucky!!! I bet he is gonna be blowing up a billion *huge* bubble nest :))
Well like I said if my Oscar does, which he seems pretty happy I think he knows what I am up to But I will have the same background on the 30 gallon, if you would like I can give you a link for the exact background, just pm if ya do Can't wait to get me a Betta, I will check the LFS while I'm there tomorrow and see what they have, Never hurts to get a Betta in a cup a good home.
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #2110 
anglnarnld

So very true! I love making those little fish happy ;))
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank