Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #2171 
cesitlie95

Nice tanks guys! Your betta fish look really happy
cesitlie95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #2172 
Neelie

salmon's 5g.
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #2173 
Aluyasha

Salmon is beautiful, neelie!
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #2174 
fleetfish

The New Sorority Tank :D

Now just awaiting the sorority! for now Scarlet is enjoying the space. I might have to kick to poor guy out, but right now he's loving it. I'm planning to add a few more hidies and some duckweed to reduce light and filter flow. As for inspiration ... welll ... it looks kind of Retro? Hm. I love the little clay caves. You can sew moss to them, so that's what I might try. It's a bit early yet to scape it properly, but I'll most likely move things around and stuff.

fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #2175 
Alex09

If you have a male in there you definitely will have to remove him before introducing females.

Not a tank, BUT My first original java fern has been producing tons of babies over the past months... Probably because its been through so much abuse. Just removed them from the parent plant and superglued them to a rocks. I have about 12 baby plants right now. I have like 5 more that I attached to another rock yesterday. Those are already in the tank. Hope I did it right and they dont die! Because if they do I would probably be the first person to successfully kill a java fern LOL. I just wish they grew faster. It took them like 2-4 moths to get to the size they are now.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #2176 
britnyjackson

Very nice Alex!! I want some! : )))
britnyjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #2177 
Fawnleaf

Very cool!!! I love how natural it looks! Great job!
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #2178 
Alex09

Just because I like showing off my tank in super crisp resolution, I will picspam this thread once again.

Attempt 2 at a 100% planted tank. Just removed the last silk plant. Added bamboo, Hygrophelia, One apongeton plant from bulb, Baby java ferns now have their own rocks, New java fern, Removed dino skull, and added black bg.

Tank:

Plants used:

1. Anacharis
2.Hygrophila
3 & 4. Java ferns
5. Pothos/Devil's Ivy
6. Arrowhead plant
7. Lucky Bamboo
8. More hygrophila
Not shown is a sprouting apongeton plant. its behind the driftwood right in front of the heater. Cant wait till it grows out, I need a tall plant back there.

Jucy pics :P

Anacharis. Mother rplant completely melted and I threw it out. These are the baby stems that branched out of the dying plant. They grow fast!

Root system of pothos

You can see my baby java ferns and hygro here. Cant wait till the java ferns grow out!

Cory
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #2179 
Fawnleaf

Wow! Your tank looks awesome! I love your natural look! I could never pull that off! Great job!
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #2180 
Welsh

Your tank looks amazing Alex. I bought some java fern a few weeks back, I didnt realise at the time but they had all black spots over them and their only getting worse :( I don't know why I torture myself with this thread haha Those photographs are amazing too
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank