Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2011, 12:29 AM   #2301 
ilovebunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CjRager89 View Post
Yes, going for live plants. Thats why I got some high powered cree leds. For the background I have this from http://www.designsbynature.net/products-page/ great guys there, very easy to work with and super reasonable prices.
This is going to be awesome. Please please please start a separate thread about you diy. I will be watching . hehe!
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:47 AM   #2302 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebunnies View Post
This is going to be awesome. Please please please start a separate thread about you diy. I will be watching . hehe!
me too! :) watch, you are going to start a trend with smaller tanks :P
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #2303 
BettasForever

Smile

Lovely tanks! Mine isn't as impressive, and most of you will say it's really super small, but I think my fish is very healthy in it. He has already made his bubble nest, and this is his 2nd (almost 3rd :)) day with us. Here's some pics:
Attached Images

BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #2304 
Lordsameth

Here is mine!!

Lordsameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:27 AM   #2305 
Kestrel

@CJRager - I also can't wait to see the finished product, between the fancy wood decor and the rock background I think it will be the most impressive 2.5 gal ever. Perhaps you should post a separate thread and info/photos on your process, I think we'd all love to see and know. Unless you want to keep them to yourself, which is understandable.

@BettasForever - It actually might be bigger than my first tank if you would fill it up a little bit more. I'm assuming you left it down so he won't jump out but I think you could give him a bit more and still be safe. And he seems to look just fine, some of those pictures make the bowl look smaller than it is.

@Lordsameth - I think I have that same heater, how's it working for you?
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:36 AM   #2306 
Lordsameth

@Kestrel - It isn't providing enough heat, but I only got it today and it is COLD out. we'll see how well it works over the next little while :3
Lordsameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:06 AM   #2307 
Aluyasha

Look at my new 6.6 gallon divided. It has Caligula, my brand new yellow/white butterfly HM on the left side. And Gyger, my orange dalmation VT on the right side:

I know it is a little bare, I forgot to buy caves. I will get some soon. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:25 AM   #2308 
Kestrel

Nice long tank! The divider doesn't look like it's centered though and OCD is kicking in. Caligula is an amazing name too, it makes me chuckle.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:32 AM   #2309 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
Nice long tank! The divider doesn't look like it's centered though and OCD is kicking in. Caligula is an amazing name too, it makes me chuckle.
I know, but we had to jury rig the divider to fit with the lid on and that position was the only way the lid would go on and not make the divider loose.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:57 AM   #2310 
ohstephyy

There's my 2.5 gallon tank :3 (I may be switching into a 4gal bio orb if it goes on sale again... maybe...)

The plant floating at the top above the teacup used to be soooo pretty and green when all of its' leafs were in tact, so right now I just planted an onion bulb to take its place.

I adorned the place with black sand, a heater, a vintage teacup with translucent rocks spilling from it, 5 live plants just sprouting from its bulbs, two fully grown live plants and one fake soft velvet-ish brown plant. He also has a floating log and an origami fan for a backdrop outside of his tank.

I really want some bamboo later on, but it's so hard to chop down. My friend has some in her backyard and we've been trying to harvest it ahahaha. And failing. But anyway, till then me and Pixel will have to wait for his bamboo.

If you look really hard, you'll notice Pixel chillin outside of his log :3

And you can also see the reflection of my hello kitty pj bottoms :T

^ Pixel starring at me from inside his log. So silly.
ohstephyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank