Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #2311 
bettafish15

^ Nice tank! The temp seems cold though...I'd bump it up to 78 :D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #2312 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohstephyy View Post

There's my 2.5 gallon tank :3 (I may be switching into a 4gal bio orb if it goes on sale again... maybe...)

The plant floating at the top above the teacup used to be soooo pretty and green when all of its' leafs were in tact, so right now I just planted an onion bulb to take its place.

I adorned the place with black sand, a heater, a vintage teacup with translucent rocks spilling from it, 5 live plants just sprouting from its bulbs, two fully grown live plants and one fake soft velvet-ish brown plant. He also has a floating log and an origami fan for a backdrop outside of his tank.

I really want some bamboo later on, but it's so hard to chop down. My friend has some in her backyard and we've been trying to harvest it ahahaha. And failing. But anyway, till then me and Pixel will have to wait for his bamboo.

If you look really hard, you'll notice Pixel chillin outside of his log :3

And you can also see the reflection of my hello kitty pj bottoms :T

^ Pixel starring at me from inside his log. So silly.
Abacus has one of those Betta logs, he loves it! He gets so depressed whenever I take it out to clean. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #2313 
ohstephyy

@ Bettafish15

:3 yeah, don't worry... It was just warming up, because I had just cleaned it and took the heater out. It said it was between 72-76 (it goes green and then light brown to show that it's 'in between temps' or heating up.) but right now it's at a nice 78 :D

@Aluyasha

Hahaha! Yeah Pixel always just stares me down when I try to take it out to clean it, one time he even brought up as much courage as he could to jump and bite my thumb!! He's very protective of his log. Such a silly boy, and then he goes inside it and 'mean mugs' me when I'm laying on my bed. Now, inside of it he made a little bubble nest :3
ohstephyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #2314 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohstephyy View Post
@ Bettafish15

:3 yeah, don't worry... It was just warming up, because I had just cleaned it and took the heater out. It said it was between 72-76 (it goes green and then light brown to show that it's 'in between temps' or heating up.) but right now it's at a nice 78 :D

@Aluyasha

Hahaha! Yeah Pixel always just stares me down when I try to take it out to clean it, one time he even brought up as much courage as he could to jump and bite my thumb!! He's very protective of his log. Such a silly boy, and then he goes inside it and 'mean mugs' me when I'm laying on my bed. Now, inside of it he made a little bubble nest :3
Abacus never made bubble nests until I got him that log. :)
Old 01-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #2315 
cjayBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD3P View Post
All of those tanks have WAY TOO MUCH water in them, you need to remove a few inches. It looks like your fish might be able to easily jump out of the fluval since it's not covered. Plus bettas need surface air to breathe, in those tanks they don't have any.

Does my betta have enough surface area? Would he be able to jump out??

cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #2316 
Aluyasha

It is suggested if you do not have a cover to leave a space about 2 inches to make sure he cannot jump out.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #2317 
cjayBetta

Does that look about right?
Old 01-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #2318 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayBetta View Post
Does that look about right?
Seems to be. :)
Lovely Betta by the way. :)
Old 01-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #2319 
cjayBetta

Thanks so much :) The red one in your picture is so gorgeous.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #2320 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayBetta View Post
Thanks so much :) The red one in your picture is so gorgeous.
That is Abacus, my baby. :)
I have a ton of pictures of all my 8 Bettas in my album if you want to see more pictures of Abby or anyone else. :)
And keep asking questions if you have some. It is obvious you care deeply for your Betta.

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank