Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #2561 
demonr6

Hmm, that is interesting. Is it because of the lighting and how close it sits to the waterline? It is literally on top of the water and that is a concern of mine. Enough of a concern that I am going to scrap that light and get something more like the clip on I use on my other tanks. I took some pics this morning, still cloudy but not quite as bad as last night. Hopefully it will clear up soon so I can start working on it.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #2562 
Alex09

I was at petco yesterday buying crickets for my brothers tarantula when I saw that they had a new shipment of plants. They had a buy 2 get one free deal going on. I snagged myself the only two anubias in the tank (heh heh) and a pot of crypts (5 plantlets) for $10. Think its a good deal :P So glad I finally have anubias! I have 3 of the crypts behind the dirftwood formation in the back left corner. I hope they grow tall and make a good background. So this scape is still a work in progress.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #2563 
iheartmybettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkin5 View Post
Here's my new Crown tail Beta, Albert the 5th in my tank at work.
That desk decoration is awesome! Where did you get it?? I would totally get that for my work buddy, Bullet. I love that tank!
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #2564 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonr6 View Post
Hmm, that is interesting. Is it because of the lighting and how close it sits to the waterline? It is literally on top of the water and that is a concern of mine. Enough of a concern that I am going to scrap that light and get something more like the clip on I use on my other tanks. I took some pics this morning, still cloudy but not quite as bad as last night. Hopefully it will clear up soon so I can start working on it.
I think it is the closeness to the water and how strong the light bulb is. Also, is took forever for mine to not be cloudy! But yeah, I am constantly cleaning algae off the tank sides and plants.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #2565 
demonr6

This morning mine still looked like fog was rolling in but much better than last night at least. I hope when I get home it will have improved. Fingers crossed. If the stupid snail would do it's job and remove the algae we would be in good shape. Can't win them all I guess?
Old 02-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #2566 
Aluyasha

lol
I use a soft toothbrush. (never been used on anything but the fish tanks)
Old 02-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #2567 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
I was at petco yesterday buying crickets for my brothers tarantula when I saw that they had a new shipment of plants. They had a buy 2 get one free deal going on. I snagged myself the only two anubias in the tank (heh heh) and a pot of crypts (5 plantlets) for $10. Think its a good deal :P So glad I finally have anubias! I have 3 of the crypts behind the dirftwood formation in the back left corner. I hope they grow tall and make a good background. So this scape is still a work in progress.
It's beaaautiful!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:23 PM   #2568 
demonr6

Tank Pic Spam..

It is still in progress. This is not the final version, the plants will most likely all change except for a couple. I currently have Anubias, Umbrella, Wisteria, Peacock Fern and Java Fern with some nano marimo. This will only be heated so I am looking for lo-tech hence the reason I will be removing some of these plants. I really need to get the new fishy in there. We finally named him Dante.. pics to come of him.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:53 PM   #2569 
Aluyasha

Ooo, you made that tank look really nice. Alot nicer than what mine looks like :). So natural and "stream" looking.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:36 AM   #2570 
jeaninel

Demonr6, tank looks nice. I like how you sloped the gravel.
jeaninel is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, tank