Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #2901 
lalalaura

Here's my tanks.
First one is Sushi in his 1.5 gal. I was going to put him in my divided tank but I think he likes being alone in his old age.
Second one is my new divided tank with my two new Bettas. I made the divider with that plastic craft mesh stuff and two peices of aquarium tubing. It works pretty well. They are slowly getting used to each other, they don't flare as much as they did at first.
Attached Images

lalalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #2902 
Littlebittyfish

I like what you did with the clay pot in the 1.5 gallon. I may take your idea!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #2903 
lalalaura

Lol go for it! He loves that pot.

I want to add more plants to the new tank. I'm waiting for some Java Moss to come in at the aquarium store where I live. Also, I'm thinking of adding a filter it too. I have Tetra Whisper filter for 1-3 gallon tanks (it came with Sushi's tank). I figure since it's smaller it won't have such a big current in a 5.5 gal tank but will it still do a good job? Is a carbon filter really necessary or should I use some foam instead so I don't have to worry about buying and changing the filters?
Old 03-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #2904 
Lion Mom

Nice tanks & pretty fish. One word of caution, though - does the clay pot on the left have the drain hole plugged? If not, you probably should (or break out the bottom & sand the edges). Bettas have been known to get their heads stuck in those holes & drown. :(
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #2905 
lalalaura

Good point. I had rocks piled up high in the corner to block the hole but that didn't work. He is small enough to fit through the hole (i've seen him do it) I'm going to break the bottom of the pot next time I do a water change. And move things around a little!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:44 PM   #2906 
Littlebittyfish

You can also use a piece of aquarium sponge to plug the hole, or aquarium sealant..oryoucan aquarium sealant "glue" some craft mesh over it on the bottom so he cant get through.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:48 PM   #2907 
Pekemom

I love the look of the clay pot with the grass coming out of it, too - Your tanks look great and so do your bettas!!
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:02 AM   #2908 
Harley

Cool Harley's new home...

Harley and his new 10 gallon tank! He loves the 1 to 10 gallon upgrade!

Last edited by Harley; 04-01-2011 at 03:04 AM.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #2909 
Littlebittyfish

Yesterday evening I had to stop in petco to get a few things and I found a really cheap 10 gallon tank! (got it!)it was 41.99 with heater and everything!
Anyways...but like always I wandered over to the betta fish. I was really sad from earlier (my moms fish who I became attached to jumped right out of his tank). I felt really terrible about it.....but there was this betta who had been there for quite awhile. So, I picked him up and carried him around the store with me for awhile ..and..I couldn't leave him there. I cleaned out the 2 gallon last night and set him up in there. ( this time making sure to cover that 1x2 hole very..very well.)

I am going to get him some new plants in a few days!

Old 04-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #2910 
bahamut285

@Cassandra: Your tank is really lively! I love the cat scooting along the bottom during the first few seconds hahahahaha!

@FroggyGirl: Thank you! (Also I think your username is cute, XD *not creepy* >_>)

@Gabba: Your betta is beautiful! <333 Tank is adorable as well ;__; <3

@Aeriel: I love Goose's tank~ I wish I was allowed to keep this many tanks XD
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank