Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #3041 
jesstanner

Okay, obviously not my set-up...but I thought this was worth sharing on here...definately interesting!
http://www.ebetta.com/2007/08/16/kee...-in-your-sink/

Or this equally interesting one...

http://www.ebetta.com/2007/08/21/giv...s-own-highway/

:)
jesstanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #3042 
Littlebittyfish

I tried the divided 3 way 10 gallon..It didn't go so well...My one guy Batman got big time stressed out and now he is sickly..again..He was originally in the middle section. I have since moved my yellow betta (unnamed) into the middle section. and left the one section alone for now..Not sure if I want to get another betta for it or just use it for shrimp and such...

Here it is right now though:

Never mind the scrapbook paper in the back. I was looking to see what it would look like back there..I plan on getting something a little different.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #3043 
swhitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesstanner View Post
Okay, obviously not my set-up...but I thought this was worth sharing on here...definately interesting!
http://www.ebetta.com/2007/08/16/kee...-in-your-sink/

Or this equally interesting one...

http://www.ebetta.com/2007/08/21/giv...s-own-highway/

:)
Omg that is pretty crazy! I cannot believe that someone created something like that:) It would definitely be a trip to walk into a bathroom and see a fish tank sink
swhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #3044 
newfiedragon

So I've finally gotten Root Beer into his new home! He seems to be quite happy, and has finally stopped attacking the bubbles coming out of his filter! So here it is! (Sorry for the slight blurriness!)

newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #3045 
phoenix91

My 5 gallon is gong to house Artemis (VT female) and some ghost shrimp which will be added once it's cycled.

i plan on adding more live plants but they haven't arrived yet.
Name:  DSCF2209.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  101.4 KB
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #3046 
carzz

Gizmothefreaky:
Where did you get the dividers for your ten gallon? I had a ten gal like that, but the cat broke it when I was out. No fish were in the tank, thank god....
But I could turn 'Hotel Splenden' on it's side, and place three of these on it, and leave LeRoy in his own tank. He has life-long popeye.... :(
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:41 AM   #3047 
PewPewPew

Little bitty, have you considered making the sections larger and keeping shrimp on both sides? :3
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #3048 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Little bitty, have you considered making the sections larger and keeping shrimp on both sides? :3
I did consider that..Unfortunately I used aquarium sealant to hold my dividers in place..I didn't want to have to remove my fish...and tear down the whole tank to scrape sealant off and then wait another 2-6 days for sealant to dry...

...I ended up getting another fish while at petco buying a bigger critter keeper for Batman..

Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #3049 
Kaylin

Here's my contribution.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/KaylinSilverfurr/Fishes/Img_0872.jpg
Fishy's home. It's a planted 10 Gallon, with driftwood, an ornament, Assassin Snails and Pond Snails. The Pond Snails were unwelcome hitch-hikers on one of the plants. For plant info; I have Java Moss, Anubias (not sure which variety), and 3 Amazon Sword plants. They've all been given some SeaChem Flourish gravel tabs, and I have a 10W flourescent light for them.
The Tank filter (an AquaTech 5-15) has been baffled with an algae sponge, and the blue thing on the filter intake is a small peice of OR disposable scrub cap. (I work in a hospital, so these things are free and easy for me to get ahold of).

The tank itself was a Walmart special that I had originally used for my three Goldfish. Once I got them upgraded to a bigger home, I started to refurbish the 10 Gallon in anticipation for Borealis. I had to get a heater and thermometer though, which wasn't a big issue.
The tank is also completely cycled, so I won't have to worry about stressing him too much with the same frequent water changes I do for the Goldfish, nor the Ammonia or Nitrite levels getting too high.

~Kaylin
Kaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #3050 
Silverfang

that's a lovely looking set up Kaylin, I'm just curious what plant is that up front in the middle?
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank