Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #3111 
akjadestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland View Post
I couldn't get Silfire to stay still so hes blurred in the picture, but here is his 10 gallon tank.

Those shots are a few months old, the plants have grew more into a jungle, but Silfire can still get around easily. I made him a cave out of two driftwood, he usually goes in there at night to sleep and comes out in the day time. The best part about his home is the nematodes, small worms that are half an inch, that lives in the substrate. I'm not really sure what the name of the nematode is, but Silfire sure loves to eat them whenever he gets the chance. They're usually lodged in the gravel, but every now and then I see one or two floating about in the water column and they become snacks.

WOW! Very nice! tell me, what kinds of plants do you have in there? And what bulb do you use? the tank looks so good, nice job!
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #3112 
ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjadestar View Post
WOW! Very nice! tell me, what kinds of plants do you have in there? And what bulb do you use? the tank looks so good, nice job!
Thank you. Actually the plants are the basic low light plants: Water Wisteria, Java Fern, Java Moss, Cryptocoryne Lutea, Anubias, and a marimo moss ball. The light fixture I have is just the standard incandescent kind (two socket for two incandescent bulb), but I replaced the bulbs with two 15watts spiral compact fluorescent. This light setup is very cheap and works great.
ireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #3113 
Samsvalleybettas

Cool

Hi everyone new on here. This is my betta Ryu's tank, it is a 20 gallon 1/2 filled. Also a picture of him flaring. Sorry they are kind of blurry took them with my phone.
Attached Images

Samsvalleybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #3114 
akjadestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland View Post
Thank you. Actually the plants are the basic low light plants: Water Wisteria, Java Fern, Java Moss, Cryptocoryne Lutea, Anubias, and a marimo moss ball. The light fixture I have is just the standard incandescent kind (two socket for two incandescent bulb), but I replaced the bulbs with two 15watts spiral compact fluorescent. This light setup is very cheap and works great.
Thanks for the advice on the light, I may just try that
SamsValleyBettas, that tank is looking really good!
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #3115 
Samsvalleybettas

Thanks so much akjadestar
Samsvalleybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #3116 
TheKzv

Pictures of G.'s and Alaude's 10 gallon home

Alaude's side

G.'s side

The Tank

still deciding what other plant to put in on the G.'s side. It seems too plain
right now. Any suggestions??
TheKzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:14 AM   #3117 
Lion Mom

"still deciding what other plant to put in on the G.'s side. It seems too plain
right now. Any suggestions??"

I use a number of "Tall Anubias (ANUBIAS FRAZERI) in my tanks & just LOVE them!!! They are VERY easy and have the same requirements (or lack of) of any other anubias. And do NOT plant them just like other anubias species!!! :)

http://shop.plantedaquariumscentral....-Frazeri01.htm
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #3118 
dew

This is priincetons 5 gallon. sorry about the quality. I took it with a web cam. There are 6 dalmation molly fry in there right now. There olnly 2 days old!And this is the tank princeton is staying in while the molly fry use his.
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #3119 
JackisLost

My moss is finally taking over my petco rock thing, I like it! My carpet is java moss, my rock decoration is peacock moss. I have another moss I am going to add soon
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #3120 
Fermin

^^ Looks great!
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank