Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-29-2011, 08:12 AM   #3241 
callmeconfused

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrrrl View Post
Hi, I'm new to your forum. I love all your fun and unique set ups, especially those of you with beautiful live plants. Mine are artificial b/c I don't have confidence in my ability to grow live ones, and these are very easy to care for! My fish really likes the grass.

The tank is a Fluval Spec, 2 gallons. It has a hidden 3 phase filter and a pump behind the back panel. There's room for a heater and thermometer too.

This pic was with flash and it makes the plants look terrible. In natural light they look really transparent and realistic. It shows my little friend's bright turquoise color though. He likes the little space between the grass and the glass. He also likes his tank mate, a rams horn snail.

I'm in week two of cycling this tank. I'm conditioning the water with aquarium salt, Aquafin cycle, and Aquafin aqua plus. I'm doing 20% water changes almost daily even though the person at the pet store recommended twice a week. I'm kind of paranoid about ich, fungus, fin rot, etc. Wish me luck!
1st of all, Love the tank!

If you want some real plants, anacharis (like the plant you have in the back on the right) is usually really cheap (Like $1-2 for a 5-6 stems) and it will grow as long as it's in water. At least mine always has. I even have some I'm not using sitting in a 3 gallon tank outside in some tap water. It's been there for a month and is green as ever. It does like to get outta control, but you can just cut the top off when it gets too long and replant it or toss it. lol. Marimo balls are cool too, and my bettas think their soft texture makes them great pillows! Just a warning, real plants can be addictive :D

Oh, and good luck!
callmeconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:33 AM   #3242 
Karen T

I have been keeping cold water fancy goldfish for years, but have only just started with tropical fish. I currently just have one betta, after not having any succes with mollies and platys! He is in a 30l biob, with heater, filter and decorations. I have been feeding him blood worms and specalised betta food.
Karen T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #3243 
Littlebittyfish

Welcome to the forum..He is a beautiful betta!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #3244 
Karen T

Thumbs up

Thank you! They are a very pretty breed of fish to have the pleasure of owning and caring for! I'm excited to learn all I can from more experienced owners!
Karen T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #3245 
orphansparrow

here's hoshi's 2 gall. kritter keeper. shortly after this pic., i put in his heater. :)

orphansparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #3246 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphansparrow View Post
here's hoshi's 2 gall. kritter keeper. shortly after this pic., i put in his heater. :)

such a beautiful fish and lovely critter keeper! I am fostering a betta in a 2 gallon critter keeper..He came with just an empty critter keeper and the betta...Having troubles with getting it to look right...I love the black gravel with the lighter stones.It look really nice. I may switch it to a dark gravel.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #3247 
caligrrrl

Karen T, that's a pretty biob. Nice job! Lbf, your guy is so beautiful! I love how simple your critterkeeper looks. The rocks and the colors of the plants are perfect.

Callmeconfused, thanks for the tip and the vote of confidence. I'm debating whether or not to take my tank to work after it cycles. It would fit perfectly on my desk, but I'd also miss having it here. No, no, don't say get 2 tanks! I have enough things to keep me busy already, lol. I plan to look at plants at the petstore tomorrow. For now, I'm just trying to learn which ones are the absolute easiest. The tank comes with a clip on lamp with led bulbs. The original was defective so I'm going back tomorrow to pick up one they ordered as a replacement. I'm interested to see how the tank looks like under light? I hope it looks nice. Geesh, aquariums generate a lot of cordage :/
caligrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:06 PM   #3248 
Neil D

Josh's Home

Here is my ten gallon! I named it the iTank 10G. (Just one fish Josh, In my avatar) in the lower left corner

Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #3249 
callmeconfused

caligrrrl, if you want any info on easy plants, I might be able to help. I can only help you with the ones I've had. I am very low tech. With the exception of the eco-complete gravel, I don't fertilize. And considering this gravel has been rinsed and moved a few times, I figure it's probably inert by now.

Here are the 25 and the 2.5. Sorry about the pic quality, the new camera doesn't like to focus on the tanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I'm not the best aquascaper. My tanks tend to look like explosions! lol

Last edited by callmeconfused; 05-29-2011 at 04:04 PM.
callmeconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #3250 
Sweeda88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
Here is my ten gallon! I named it the iTank 10G. (Just one fish Josh, In my avatar) in the lower left corner

I don't see a picture.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank