Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-07-2011, 12:50 AM   #3341 
LeroyTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Leroy, I might not keep that in there! D: Its SUPERRRR cute, but ceramics like that are usually left painted but unsealed, which isnt good in constant submersion!
Pew, is there a way to tell if it's sealed? I'm not a very crafty artsy-fartsy person, so I don't know how to tell. It's glossy, but I know that probably doesn't mean anything other than it's glossy. lol

Oh, and I got it from a second-hand shop.
LeroyTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:19 AM   #3342 
PewPewPew

I dunno, even if it were sealed, I question it! I worry, too, about its quality- even if sealed, if used with a cruddy gloss coat, it may leech :c

I cant tell nor really say if its sealed, but I do seriously suggest maybe not having it in there, just out of nervousness :c
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:00 AM   #3343 
Wyvern

Im busy currently rescaping my goldies home and as soon as Im happy with the plants (99% happy just waiting on a few more items like hairgrass, glosso and corkscrew vallis) I will be taking my goldies out and they will be rehomed via my LFS. We have already started the search for some beautiful females, locally, so that I can put them in once the goldies are gone. My plan is to remove the goldies, do a water change, let the tank run for a week with a new heater in it, then pick up the girls.

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #3344 
Rell30

Would any of you be able to tell me the best tank mates for a betta fish?? bcuz i am really interested in expanding my fish tank
Rell30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #3345 
Lion Mom

Wyvern, if you let it run for a week with no fish won't it lose the cycle?
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #3346 
Wyvern

Lion Mom nope it wont, its an established tank and im just taking the fish out not the filter medium and gravel. Im just doing it for the off chance that my supplier wont get the girls I want on time, so im giving it a week. If I havent gotten the girls by then, my one boy will be living in it for a bit.

The other reason is I want to do a good gravel vac before adding new fish, goldies are horrible piggies and messy, so I want to make triple sure I get all the gunk out.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #3347 
PewPewPew

The bacteria wont have noms, though D:

And Rell, please try making a thread in "Compatibility" for better answers tot hat question, this is a place to post photos of your fish tanks!

While making the thread, please tell us how big the tank is, if you have live plants, if its filtered, how often the water changes are, and if the betta is the only inhabitant thus far.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #3348 
Rell30

Well if u didnt notice im new to the site, so could you help me out by tellin me how to create my own thread please??
Rell30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #3349 
PewPewPew

I am aware that you're new, yes. However, it's not my job nor apparently obvious that you dont know how to use forums/create your own thread, so please dont be rude.

You go into the "compatibility" section:
http://www.bettafish.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102

A little ways down from the top on the left, there is a blue button with a Plus (+) sigh that says "New Thread". Click it, and you will begin to create a new thread. Assign it a title (One that tells what the issue is), like "Tankmates for a (what ever sized tank you have)?", and then ask your question, with the above for details for the best responses.

Submit it, and you're finished. You can check if someone has replied in your "User CP (control panel)".

As a heads up, 2.5 gallons is the minimum for tank mates, and then, only a snail is recommended. Good luck with your thread.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #3350 
Wyvern

Pewpewpew - consider it like a fishless cycle, Ill be adding little bits of crushed food to keep it going.

Ive done it this way before and found I have less hassles with new fish.

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank