Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #3361 
windfire

Although the normal temperature range of the species in the wild is 18–26 C (64–72 F), it can survive water temperatures down to 5C (41F). (wikipedia) i did extensive research and the general consensus was that they can live in the range i keep my tank at , 25'C, as the moss needs slightly cooler temps to thrive as well. everyone is healthy active and the clouds are all doing well and have good bright colour. i never buy a fish without doing research on it first, i was duped into buying a pleco for a 20L tank once and had to buy a 1,2m tank to accomodate him and will not be caught the same way again.
windfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #3362 
PewPewPew

You keep it in the 72-75 range?
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:50 PM   #3363 
windfire

25'C yes as i said in my previous post
Old 06-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #3364 
LeroyTheBetta

Nice tanks, nodmas & windfire! Windfire, you're betta avatar is very similar in colour to my betta, Leroy. Especially the irridescent blue on the dorsal, streaking through the tail, and a bit on the body. :)

I've also been checking up on white clouds as I have narrowed down a couple different fish to put with my goldfish. Think I'll be going with them. Hopefully, by the time the goldfish would be big enough to eat them (quite a while yet as they're still only 1 1/2 to 2 inches) they'll be used to the white clouds and leave them alone.

Last edited by LeroyTheBetta; 06-08-2011 at 03:20 PM.
LeroyTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #3365 
Neil D

Umm...wild Bettas can live in that range. Domestic Bettas are weaker and have larger, more cumbersome fins. Not to mention other stuff such as smaller mouths. That's like comparing a wolf to a poodle. A poodle would die in the wild, it needs special care. Sorry for the lecture, but you know....
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #3366 
newfiedragon

I've finally got Cassia's 1.5g tank set up with her plants and castle! I baffled the filter, hopefully it won't cause it to overheat! Has anyone ever baffled an Elite Mini filter with a sponge and have it cause problems?

Here's a pic of her newly renovated home! Please ignore the spots and scrapes! I found the tank at a second hand shop!
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #3367 
Lion Mom

Very cute tank!!! :)

I have never used the Elete Mini, but I do have a small Cascade internal filter that looks similar that I have baffled with a small piece of sponge without problem.

Hope that helps! :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #3368 
windfire

Neil D i was refering to white cloud minnows.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #3369 
Wyvern

The boy's home with lots of floating plants (that I stopped sticking in the gravel since they just pull it out and rearrange it the way they want), The moss wall is slowly starting to grow (suspect this will take ages). I added some driftwood on both sides with moss and mini Java Ferns (not sure what the correct name is got them with a bunch of other plants last weekend) tied on to it. The water is making the colour look weird but its because there is still some Rooibos Tea in the tank (which definitely helped their fins regrow). At the rate they are playing with the floating plants I will remove the silk plants soon! My boys have been lazy tho only a few bubbles on either side so far. But no more tailbiting!

I will try to borrow my brothers camera soon to take better pics. Cellphone pics are a bit unclear!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #3370 
sunnydawnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiedragon View Post
I've finally got Cassia's 1.5g tank set up with her plants and castle! I baffled the filter, hopefully it won't cause it to overheat! Has anyone ever baffled an Elite Mini filter with a sponge and have it cause problems?

Here's a pic of her newly renovated home! Please ignore the spots and scrapes! I found the tank at a second hand shop!
Love the castle !!! Where did you get it ?
What a pretty girl you have She looks kinda fusia-colored.

Last edited by sunnydawnie; 06-09-2011 at 09:04 AM.
sunnydawnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank