Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #3441 
hmboyz

I'll check it out. what brand? thanks again
hmboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #3442 
PewPewPew

I have that tank, and you need >15w, tubular.

Try what I use:
Theyre from walmart, $5-$6, from a company called lights of america. Theyre florescent, so they not only help grow plants, but theyre a nice, bright white light in color. In that tank, the light is placed in a way that this kind of light looks really good.

Theyre 10w, tubular and 6500K, a great excuse for live plants! lol!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #3443 
hmboyz

cool. thanks!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:40 PM   #3444 
TonyK

I just set this tank up for my new King Betta. His name is King Neptune ( Neptune for short) When I picked him up at Petco he could barely fit in the cup. He is easily 3". Awesome fish and I just love the short fins. The tank is a Marineland 5 gallon Cresent with a rock and 2 anacharis plants. I am trying to get some better pics
TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #3445 
hmboyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
I just set this tank up for my new King Betta. His name is King Neptune ( Neptune for short) When I picked him up at Petco he could barely fit in the cup. He is easily 3". Awesome fish and I just love the short fins. The tank is a Marineland 5 gallon Cresent with a rock and 2 anacharis plants. I am trying to get some better pics
I have the same tank. I did not put it up yet. How much did you pay for your tank?
Old 06-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #3446 
TonyK

Got it on sale at Petsmart for $30.00. The only small issue I have with it is the filter. When you put your filter media in and start using it upstream of the media the water is right on the lip of overflowing the backside of the filter. I am watching it to see if it happens. Other than that I like the tank alot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmboyz View Post
I have the same tank. I did not put it up yet. How much did you pay for your tank?
TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #3447 
PewPewPew

Consider getting some aq sponge and putting it behind to buffer the flow? Many filters have a breaking-in period before their power beings to lessen, for the better. My marineland filter (different one, though) did something similar, though in time began to weaken just enough to get better.

I like your set up! If the anacharis likes the tank, it will grow like crazy, and you may soon have a forest! :) Snip off with your nails any 2inch+ off shoots from the main plant, and theyll just grow and grow and get nice and long for you. Allow the little guys to float while the grow.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:14 AM   #3448 
hmboyz

i bought mine for 34buks lol.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #3449 
CrowntailTwitchy57

dude u have beanie babies?
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #3450 
danifacetastic

That's a really cute tank. Do you have a cover for it? Because with as big as your betta is and as high as the water level is he could jump right out.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank