Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2011, 10:15 PM   #3471 
n3wport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
not exactly a betta tank haha..But I felt bad for my 3 snails getting picked on by my guppies...so I moved them into their own 2.5 gallon minibow. I will be moving them into something bigger once they get a little bigger...Also..I will be moving that tank onto a much more level part of the house...

Haha! I did the same thing with my snail! My fish literally would stalk him to the point it wasnt "checking him out" it was assault. So I bought a kritter keeper with a light and another snail friend so they could have a lil home too =)
n3wport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #3472 
Pitluvs

Plecos need large tanks, 55g+ unless you get Plecos that grow to be 4" max. Those are suitable for smaller tanks.

My Plecos name is Ajax, but we call her Mrs Biggs. She had a smaller tank mate we called Mr Smalls but he passed away after the tank cycle :(

Here's my divided 5g, I did it tonight (well set up tonight, made it yesterday). Not as pretty as the others here lol

Hopefully Carnage arrives ok and can join Venom.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:13 AM   #3473 
PlaidTurtle

@SaylorKennedy That's an awesome tank you've got there!
PlaidTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:34 AM   #3474 
hmboyz

Hi guys, this is my new tank the marineland crescent 5g. I bought it for a pretty good deal at petsmart and so I just want to share it here.

hmboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:50 AM   #3475 
PlaidTurtle

Nice tank. :D I like the size of it, and the gravel. It needs more hiding places! :) I noticed you have a betta leaf hammock! You should probably move it up about an inch and a half or so, I heard bettas like to breath when they are resting on leafs. :) I'm planning on getting one of those awesome hammocks for my crowntail Tsunami. Good luck with your new betta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmboyz View Post
Hi guys, this is my new tank the marineland crescent 5g. I bought it for a pretty good deal at petsmart and so I just want to share it here.

PlaidTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:51 AM   #3476 
hmboyz

@plaidturtle

lol. it's not done yet. haha gotta add more stuff tomorrow coz it looks too simple. I need to get more plants and bigger ceramic figurines or whatever they call it.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:54 AM   #3477 
bahamut285

I recently returned my Crescent 3G, it was a lovely tank, amazing appearance. Wasn't a fan of the filter though :(. It didn't fit under the lid properly unless you adjusted it to be totally submerged in the water, which freaked me out a little because the outtake is large enough for a betta to easily jump in and get stuck (I had a two scares in the 3 weeks I had it).

I would have also preferred to have gotten the crescent 5, but they had none...I ended up just buying a clone of my first tank, which is the Marina Style 5 kit XD

I love that bridge thing though! Also the way your plant sticks out at the top is a very nice touch!
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:00 AM   #3478 
copperarabian

Even though I never really wanted a sorority I have one now and I adore my girls XD So here's my tank, it's a little over stocked so I'm doing extra water changes and my girls are healthy and don't fight, I have so many plants floating, and along the back there's a floating anubias that you can barely see in the photo from the algae(Mr. snail is working on that), 2 large amazon swords, and 2 medium amazon swords as well as other types of plants and almond leaves.
the little long thin leafed short plants in the middle are fake silk plants.

whenever I walk over the girls rush to the upper left corner where there's a bigger opening in the plants where I feed them lol

9 girls, a snail, and a dragon goby who is going to be moved into my big tank tomorrow. He's just too big to be in there with so many other fish, the bio load will be too much for the tank to handle since I don't do 100% in that tank. it was ok when it was only my king, but the girls needed the 15 since it's wider so he went into the divided section of the 48 where they a had been.

Last edited by copperarabian; 06-30-2011 at 02:09 AM.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:03 AM   #3479 
hmboyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
I recently returned my Crescent 3G, it was a lovely tank, amazing appearance. Wasn't a fan of the filter though :(. It didn't fit under the lid properly unless you adjusted it to be totally submerged in the water, which freaked me out a little because the outtake is large enough for a betta to easily jump in and get stuck (I had a two scares in the 3 weeks I had it).

I would have also preferred to have gotten the crescent 5, but they had none...I ended up just buying a clone of my first tank, which is the Marina Style 5 kit XD

I love that bridge thing though! Also the way your plant sticks out at the top is a very nice touch!
now, you're scaring me. lol the filter is ok. i might just look for another alternative(like old CD's) to cover it up and also the hole on the side-center of the lid.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:19 AM   #3480 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmboyz View Post
now, you're scaring me. lol the filter is ok. i might just look for another alternative(like old CD's) to cover it up and also the hole on the side-center of the lid.
LMAO SORRY! I didn't mean to, XDDD

I was honestly thinking of getting an aquarium sponge to baffle it because it was a little strong anyway. Ever since I bid on my AB boy I had to get a 5G to divide, so I figured I might as well just get it now.

The hole in the center of the lid also kind of freaked me out, but I also put a blank CD there, LOL

Update the picture when you buy more plants!
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank