Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #3541 
Oiseauii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxi86 View Post
I REALLY love that stump. Hubby and I plot to buy one for the sorority tank. ^^

But all the tanks I've seen have been fantastic! ^^
Thank you! I love the stump, glad the bf spotted it on the bottom shelf! I was worried it would take up too much room but I think it fits the tank nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxi86 View Post
Ooh, that's a really nice setup, Oiseauii!! Also some great photography. How did you get those close-ups?
Your betta is also beautiful! Is he a HM or am I just imagining things?
Thanks!! I have a Canon EOS 30D with a macro lens attachment. Definitely going to try to get some better pictures of Eko when he's not being so shy (he pretty much hung out at the back of the tank while I was taking pictures). And yes he is a half moon! Had to double check the cup he came in, haha.
Oiseauii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #3542 
Minxies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidmagician View Post
Minxies: We're tank twins! That's the same one I have! I'd suggest putting some sort of smaller mesh over the top of the tube, though. The holes are too big in the piece that came with it, and there are a few cases documented here on the forums of fishies swimming into the tube and even under the filter.

Uh oh... Lol, I'll have to look into getting some mesh then to make sure Aoi doesn't get himself stuck. (Currently his new favorite place is hiding behind the water filter) though, it's a small filter >:3
So I can still see his tail poking out from behind it, hahahah!~
Minxies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #3543 
Squidmagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minxies View Post
Uh oh... Lol, I'll have to look into getting some mesh then to make sure Aoi doesn't get himself stuck. (Currently his new favorite place is hiding behind the water filter) though, it's a small filter >:3
So I can still see his tail poking out from behind it, hahahah!~
I actually just cut a piece from a bag of onions and rubberbanded it on for the time being. I might get some plastic craft mesh and make a more permanent (and prettier) modification. Or, as someone else suggested, you could just take out the tube and under-gravel filter and put some sort of decoration with a hole in the top where the tube was, so the light will still work properly. Here's the thread for more details: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=73648
Squidmagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #3544 
Amitisti

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
AND LOLOLOL DYSON...Like the Vacuum??!?! If so, quite a large LOLOLOL session was just had :PP

Thats cute. If I get another snail, Im naming it a vacuum name.
yup, like the vacuum. this is the 2nd pleco we have had, the other was about 6 yrs ago and his name was Eureka. he lived in a 33 gal with a guppy colony and was quite happy. We moved and Euraka, his guppies, and the tank where rehomed and is still going strong and healthy.
Dyson has moved to a 20 gal and now has the start of a guppy colony with him. 3F and 1M guppy. I think it needs a few plants, but hubby likes this.
Harper has a barebottom now and I plan to divide it...maybe...or just get another tank(s) for more betta(s) boys
first pic 10g, 2nd is 20gal

Amitisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #3545 
Lion Mom

That's funny! The very first pleco I ever had was named Kirby!!! :)

Sadly, he outgrew my 38 gal. so had to trade him in. :(
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #3546 
newfiedragon

Here are the temporary homes of two of my dragons. I'm setting up a divided 10g for them and another dragon that I have. And usually there's a piece of paper up between them, but I took it away for the pic.

Has anyone used these cookie jars from walmart for a betta home before? I was wondering if I was able to put the covers on properly (there's no seal on the covers) or would that block off the air supply for the fish?

newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #3547 
Sweeda88

That would definitely block off the air supply. Don't do it. It looks like you could make a cover with a piece of craft mesh, however.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #3548 
Littlebittyfish

There was someone on here who had those and they used something like foam so that the lid sat down on the jar but not all the way...Those jars are so tempting every time I see them I am like..HAY I can get a new betta!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #3549 
newfiedragon

The covers are currently tilted enough so that air can get in, but snails can't get out. :)
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #3550 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiedragon View Post
The covers are currently tilted enough so that air can get in, but snails can't get out. :)
Found it.
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=68000
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank