Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #3561 
kngiraffe

i would like to change some things up in my tank, i think. like llittle stuff. any suggestions that i can find around the house that are safe for my betta?
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #3562 
kngiraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
10 Gal tank setup about a month ago for the new guy, Sharky- He likes to rest up on the nice cushy blossom when he's not pestering me to be fed:

Attachment 21906
is that like a flower from a craft store?
Old 07-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #3563 
kngiraffe

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordsameth View Post
Here is mine!!

i love your tank!
Old 07-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #3564 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngiraffe View Post
i would like to change some things up in my tank, i think. like llittle stuff. any suggestions that i can find around the house that are safe for my betta?
Mugs that are clean and soaked a few days (to get the soap off) work, silken flowers that have no metal, no fake scents and none of that flakey, powerdery fake pollen stuff on them can be used (soak in warm but not hot water for 3+days to see if color leeches)..ummm..

Small glass cups, shot glasses, snifters, etc can be used and look cool as caves or filled with gravel or marbles. If its full of something, make sure the fish cant get in and get trapped..

UHHMM.

FFF Idk D;

I have small stone figurines that I got from a cavern (t rex shape LOL!) that are polished and sealed and safe in my tanks. I soakd them a while beforehand.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #3565 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiedragon View Post
Here are the temporary homes of two of my dragons. I'm setting up a divided 10g for them and another dragon that I have. And usually there's a piece of paper up between them, but I took it away for the pic.

Has anyone used these cookie jars from walmart for a betta home before? I was wondering if I was able to put the covers on properly (there's no seal on the covers) or would that block off the air supply for the fish?

Wedge a small, soft, pliable material between the top of the rim and bottom of the cover, just enough to prop open but enough to stay closed and warm/humid. I do that with my tanks.

Aquarium sealant, dried into a thick thick strip for a few days, is soft enough to work :<
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #3566 
Neil D

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiedragon View Post
Here are the temporary homes of two of my dragons. I'm setting up a divided 10g for them and another dragon that I have. And usually there's a piece of paper up between them, but I took it away for the pic.

Has anyone used these cookie jars from walmart for a betta home before? I was wondering if I was able to put the covers on properly (there's no seal on the covers) or would that block off the air supply for the fish?

I know that either thecryscat or Arashi Takamine uses those jar thingies. Are they heated? If theyre the 2G kind, you may have an excuse to get 2 more bettas after these guys move to their 10G
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:11 AM   #3567 
kalae

ryuk's 20g :)

ryuk's tank | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Ryuk (the feed me face)

randomness 060.1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

ryuk and his bridge

randomness 006 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
kalae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #3568 
luvmyzoocrew

First off let me say there are some really amazing tanks on here, and some really beautiful bettas.

Below I have a Marina gold fish tank that is 2.65 (such weird size lol) gallon tank.

This is Noni my moon tail betta, I had no intention of getting a betta but when i saw him he was beautiful so i got him.

He is blue and the tips/edges of his fins are white, and he has two red little fins underneath him.

This is Mr Grooper, he is a cat fishy bottom eater, sorry i cant remember the type of fish he is. I also got 2 ghost shrimp, do you think that is too much for such a small tank?

On my wish list to get soon are a leaf hammock for Noni, and a tank heater, and also filter refills.

Do you think i need the air stone, i havent really had it on because the filter is pretty powerful and when i have the air stone on Noni looks like he has trouble swimming.

Also i want to add a light to it.

Last edited by luvmyzoocrew; 07-12-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: to add
luvmyzoocrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #3569 
Aluyasha

Ghost shrimp do not really contribute to the bioload all that much.
However the cory that you have needs to be in a larger tank and in a group.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #3570 
luvmyzoocrew

what is a good suggestion for a tank that size for a fish for the bottom?
luvmyzoocrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank