Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #3571 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyzoocrew View Post
First off let me say there are some really amazing tanks on here, and some really beautiful bettas.

Below I have a Marina gold fish tank that is 2.65 (such weird size lol) gallon tank.

This is Noni my moon tail betta, I had no intention of getting a betta but when i saw him he was beautiful so i got him.

He is blue and the tips/edges of his fins are white, and he has two red little fins underneath him.

This is Mr Grooper, he is a cat fishy bottom eater, sorry i cant remember the type of fish he is. I also got 2 ghost shrimp, do you think that is too much for such a small tank?

On my wish list to get soon are a leaf hammock for Noni, and a tank heater, and also filter refills.

Do you think i need the air stone, i havent really had it on because the filter is pretty powerful and when i have the air stone on Noni looks like he has trouble swimming.

Also i want to add a light to it.
What a CUTE tank and BEAUTIFUL bettas!!!

Does that tank come with a light?

Welcome to the forum & the WONDERFUL world of bettas!!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #3572 
bahamut285

I think Cories have to be in groups of 3-4+? But their tank has to be 10G+ I was told :(....too bad for me, I think they're so cute but I've only got 5Gs XD
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #3573 
luvmyzoocrew

Thank you Lionmom , the tank did not come with a light but they do sell ones that you can put with them, i will see what i can find at the store when i go there, hopefully this weekend. Bahamut i didnt know that, they are cute,ol. I get mad cause i asked the girl and told her the EXACT setup that i had and what could i get for the bottom and that is what she suggested, ugh.
luvmyzoocrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #3574 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Thank you Lionmom , the tank did not come with a light but they do sell ones that you can put with them, i will see what i can find at the store when i go there, hopefully this weekend. Bahamut i didnt know that, they are cute,ol. I get mad cause i asked the girl and told her the EXACT setup that i had and what could i get for the bottom and that is what she suggested, ugh.
You're welcome - it really IS cute!!!

It always pays to do you own research. While some pet store employees know their stuff, many don't - sadly!

In any event, you now know and have the option of either returning the cory or setting up a better home for him and getting him some friends.

Here's an idea - get a 10 gal. kit, get more corries and move them & one of your betta boys in. That way, you have the Marina 5 gal. freed up for ANOTHER betta!!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #3575 
luvmyzoocrew

i can give the cory to my dad to put in his tank and pick up some friends for him when i get something else. any suggestions for bottom eaters?
Old 07-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #3576 
Lion Mom

Quote:
i can give the cory to my dad to put in his tank and pick up some friends for him when i get something else. any suggestions for bottom eaters?

That sounds like a plan.

In a 5 gal.? No idea. Shrimp are pretty hit & miss - could work or could be a nice betta snack. Depends on the betta.

Some like snails, but they poop a LOT!!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #3577 
kngiraffe

what color paper should i put on the back of my tank? black? or another color?
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #3578 
Neil D

Quote:
First off let me say there are some really amazing tanks on here, and some really beautiful bettas.

Below I have a Marina gold fish tank that is 2.65 (such weird size lol) gallon tank.

This is Noni my moon tail betta, I had no intention of getting a betta but when i saw him he was beautiful so i got him.

He is blue and the tips/edges of his fins are white, and he has two red little fins underneath him.

This is Mr Grooper, he is a cat fishy bottom eater, sorry i cant remember the type of fish he is. I also got 2 ghost shrimp, do you think that is too much for such a small tank?

On my wish list to get soon are a leaf hammock for Noni, and a tank heater, and also filter refills.

Do you think i need the air stone, i havent really had it on because the filter is pretty powerful and when i have the air stone on Noni looks like he has trouble swimming.

Also i want to add a light to it.
What heater do you use?
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:11 AM   #3579 
luvmyzoocrew

I dont have a heater at the moment i am going to be getting one, and a thermometor , at the moment it is pretty hot around here so i dont think the water is too cold
Old 07-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #3580 
bettafish15

My Betta's Tanks!

I thought I would take some pics since I did an 80% water change for everyone yesterday.

Spot's 14g Tank:

Red's 10g Tank:

Blue's 10g Tank:
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank