Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2011, 04:28 PM   #3581 
Kytkattin

Your tanks are just lovely, bettafish15!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #3582 
Sweeda88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish15 View Post
I thought I would take some pics since I did an 80% water change for everyone yesterday.

Spot's 14g Tank:

Red's 10g Tank:

Blue's 10g Tank:
Nice tanks! I wish I had the space to give all 7 of my fish such large homes! Unfortunately, they all live in only 3 or 5 gallons each.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #3583 
bettafish15

Yeah, I'm already at my space limit with those three. I already have to move their tanks, because I got new bedroom furniture and the tanks are in the way of setting it up ;-; I dread moving the two 10gs. The 14g I wont have to move until we put together my new desk.

The best part, is that I paid nothing for those tanks.
The two 10g's were going to be 15$ altogether, but the guy said nothing about it so we got them for free XD The hoods we had to buy though :/
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #3584 
hodgepodgen

Wow the one with the stump looks awesome. I had one too but its in storage now cause my pleco sucked the paint off it. XP

I have Red River too... and Chobits lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arowan View Post
I finally purchased the Aqueon 16 gallon Bowfront Kit from Petco, for $99.

I emptied out my hawkeye 5gallon, transferring its plants, gravel, and prefilter to jumpstart the cycle. Rest of the gravel was leftover from the original bag of eco-complete that I bought so long ago.

The stump, background, and heater are new (though the heater the kit came with had such cheap suction cups, I broke them while trying to attach them, so took the ones from the 5g's heater and used them instead).

The "gray tree root" is from Petsmart, for $25, and is fake/plastic. Extremely sturdy, minimal sharp edges, and is awesome

Day 1 flora:
1- micro sword (left, front)
1- anachris (right, back)
1-frill plant/fox tail (left, back)
1-Hygrophila which I broke into 2 parts. (front, off-center-right; right, front)

Day 1 Fauna:
1- Male Betta
2-Leopard Cories (the reason I had to buy a bigger tank! Surprise fish gifts are great, gave me an excuse to go bigger). (note #2, I'm getting more next weekend, want to make sure that the cycle jump-start was a success).

Just a few photos, some in the next post too... I'll make a topic as well, so I can put more of them and record its progress :)

Note, hard to photograph straight on with the bowfront tank, so some angles always end up looking blurry.

Last edited by hodgepodgen; 07-15-2011 at 02:49 PM.
hodgepodgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #3585 
pecktec

Fluval Spec

I have a good video for this. You can find it in the link on my signature. Here ate stills from the forth comeing update.

pecktec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #3586 
Alex09

My female betta's home. She was originally in my 28 gal riparium but she got very aggressive with the cories (but not the platies for some reason) so I had to take her out. It's a soil based tank - about 1.5 inches of miracle gro- capped with sand. This is a no tech tank. It's warm in california so no need for a heater, all light for the plants is provided by the sun.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #3587 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
My female betta's home. She was originally in my 28 gal riparium but she got very aggressive with the cories (but not the platies for some reason) so I had to take her out. It's a soil based tank - about 1.5 inches of miracle gro- capped with sand. This is a no tech tank. It's warm in california so no need for a heater, all light for the plants is provided by the sun.
What size is that and shouldn't it be covered?

Otherwise, pretty cute!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #3588 
Alex09

It's a gallon. I plan on upgrading my male betta's tank - then she could have his old 2.5 gal. It is not covered. Covering it would greatly reduce the amount of light the plants would get i'm afraid. It's been like this for a few weeks.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #3589 
Shimizoki

I believe the worry is that since bettas are known to jump you may come home to a very sad picture.
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #3590 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecktec View Post
I have a good video for this. You can find it in the link on my signature. Here ate stills from the forth comeing update.

You set up the fluval really nice. I also love the tank(s) in the background of the unboxing video!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank