Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #3591 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
It's a gallon. I plan on upgrading my male betta's tank - then she could have his old 2.5 gal. It is not covered. Covering it would greatly reduce the amount of light the plants would get i'm afraid. It's been like this for a few weeks.
Well, good luck to you as females are known to jump. Hopefully, if she hasn't yet, she won't.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #3592 
Alex09

Hmmm... I never had any jumping bettas. but I just dangled some food above the waterline and she did jump rather high... I will look for something clear or made of glass around my house and see if I can find something suitable to cover it. My 2.5 gallon tank is covered but only because that fish is my pride and joy and I am taking NO risks lol.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #3593 
Sweeda88

Quote:
Hmmm... I never had any jumping bettas. but I just dangled some food above the waterline and she did jump rather high... I will look for something clear or made of glass around my house and see if I can find something suitable to cover it. My 2.5 gallon tank is covered but only because that fish is my pride and joy and I am taking NO risks lol.
You shouldn't take risks with ANY of your fish. Aren't they ALL worth the best care and safety that you can provide?
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #3594 
Neil D

Yes. ^+1
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:37 PM   #3595 
smellsfishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by newf View Post
Our divided tank. I really like how it looks. :)
Where did you get your dividers from? Or what brand are they? I need to get a 20L or rig up my 30L for my boys. All in 10g divided tanks now.
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:10 AM   #3596 
Alex09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
You shouldn't take risks with ANY of your fish. Aren't they ALL worth the best care and safety that you can provide?
Sorry, I didn't mean to insinuate that one fish is worth less than another. They are all special in their own way ^^ I just didnt think she would be a jumper as she's never done it before. Anyways, I found a clear sheet of plastic to use a cover till She moves into the 2.5 gal. Will cut it to size tomorrow so it looks nicer.

PS: She's in July's photo contest posing as Jaws :)
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #3597 
Pitluvs

I thought rules were posted before about forum behavior? No need of jumping all over someone guys. State your case, and it's up to the owner to take the advice or not. Jezz guys!

Love everyones tanks, but I really love pecktec's!

And we don't have a heater in Ben's tank, I bought one and turned it on and it nearly cooked my fish! I am buying another tomorrow and putting the old one in the box and sending it back haha But our boys been doing ok, and it's Atlantic Canada here.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #3598 
Tisia

you can also use saran wrap with some holes poked into it for a cover
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #3599 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't mean to insinuate that one fish is worth less than another. They are all special in their own way ^^ I just didnt think she would be a jumper as she's never done it before. Anyways, I found a clear sheet of plastic to use a cover till She moves into the 2.5 gal. Will cut it to size tomorrow so it looks nicer.

PS: She's in July's photo contest posing as Jaws :)
Sounds like a plan! Just make sure you have some air holes in there for the girl. :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #3600 
Arzela

Kihoo's Jungle:

Arzela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank