Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #3621 
Devotion

Yep! Heater is there, thermometer is also there, its one thats adheres to the outside of the tank and isnt visible in the picture.

On the bottom of the tank is shrimp gravel. Not as fine as sand but not as big as gravel, I liked the look of it :)
Devotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #3622 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devotion View Post
Yep! Heater is there, thermometer is also there, its one thats adheres to the outside of the tank and isnt visible in the picture.

On the bottom of the tank is shrimp gravel. Not as fine as sand but not as big as gravel, I liked the look of it :)
I like the look of the substrate as well..Do you plan on putting some shrimp in this tank?
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #3623 
Devotion

Not unless it would live well with my betta? Ive never kept shrimp, so I have no experience with them. I just saw the substrate in one of the shops display tanks and really liked how it looked. Since I had to buy some new gravel for the tank anyhow, I figured I would go with.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #3624 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Not unless it would live well with my betta? Ive never kept shrimp, so I have no experience with them. I just saw the substrate in one of the shops display tanks and really liked how it looked. Since I had to buy some new gravel for the tank anyhow, I figured I would go with.
It really depends on the betta...Sometimes they get ate.. I had ghost shrimp in my 10 gallon and they all died but one...but it was because my tank wasn't fully cycled at the time.The one has been alive for 5 months now though. I plan on getting a few more eventually..They just need to have little hidey spots to feel safe. They like to hide in mosses.mine eats fishfood flakes, sinking shrimp pellets (which is creepy because they're shrimp.) and algae wafers.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #3625 
kngiraffe

awh that is sweet gravel! at first it looked like sand and then when i went to go write a reply it looked like a picture. that's awesome (: do you have a picture of your betta yet?
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #3626 
Devotion

Nono.. I only just brought my tank and set it up today so no betta for a while yet :) I cant wait til I can get one though, I have been drooling over loads.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #3627 
kngiraffe

Quote:
Nono.. I only just brought my tank and set it up today so no betta for a while yet :) I cant wait til I can get one though, I have been drooling over loads.
awwh. i know that feeling. andy(my boyfriend) and i just saw a really pretty betta at walmart saturday night. i was soo shocked to how gorgeous he was for being at walmart.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #3628 
betta dude

this thread is huge
betta dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #3629 
kngiraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta dude View Post
this thread is huge
your betta is gorgeous!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #3630 
Neil D

@ devotion,

Where did you get the shrimp gravel? How much? How do you clean it?
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank