Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #3631 
smellsfishie

My sorority- 28 g. bowfront- 9 female bettas, 1 bristlenose pleco, 3 threadfin rainbows, and yes, 1 lonely panda corydora.
Attached Images

smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #3632 
Sweeda88

It's very nice, smellsfishie. But why only one corie? Did the others die? =(
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #3633 
smellsfishie

No, i was a bad mom and didn't do my research. I got "Panda" when she was just an eensy thing and I've had her for like... almost 2 yrs...? And just recently learned they are supposed to live in groups. Whoops. But, she loves my bettas and my pleco and I find her sleeping next to them often. :D LOL... especially when I had my old betta, Eli, who was.. well, old... and slept on the tank floor a lot. She always cuddled up next to him. I am thinking of getting some but she seems happy? Maybe soon.
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #3634 
Sweeda88

I'd get a few and see how she does with them. But make sure have a place to put them if they don't work out.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #3635 
Devotion

I got the shrimp gravel at my local Tropical Fish Suppliers store. Its 9.80 ($15.73) for a 2kg bag. Its just very fine grade gravel 0.7-1.2mm. Lil more difficult to clean cos the grade, im gonna need a finer sieve for it ^^
Devotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #3636 
kngiraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellsfishie View Post
No, i was a bad mom and didn't do my research. I got "Panda" when she was just an eensy thing and I've had her for like... almost 2 yrs...? And just recently learned they are supposed to live in groups. Whoops. But, she loves my bettas and my pleco and I find her sleeping next to them often. :D LOL... especially when I had my old betta, Eli, who was.. well, old... and slept on the tank floor a lot. She always cuddled up next to him. I am thinking of getting some but she seems happy? Maybe soon.
awwwh that is adorable! (: the fish cuddling (:
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #3637 
mjoy79

Chandler's new digs

I've had Chandler in his new 2.5 gal for several days now - although at first I just had the black gravel in there with a different rock decal - but the hole in the rock seemed too small for my big guy so I changed his tank to this "scene" with the bridge. He loves hanging out under the bridge - it is dark under there :). There is a heater in ther now (although it rarely comes on, the water is already warm enough) and I will be putting in a filter soon as well. I love those Tetra Whisper filters - very calm!
Next 100% water change I'm going to remove some of the black gravel - I think he has too much gravel in his tank. He needs a little bit more room.

More pics to come of my other tanks
Attached Images

mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #3638 
kngiraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoy79 View Post
I've had Chandler in his new 2.5 gal for several days now - although at first I just had the black gravel in there with a different rock decal - but the hole in the rock seemed too small for my big guy so I changed his tank to this "scene" with the bridge. He loves hanging out under the bridge - it is dark under there :). There is a heater in ther now (although it rarely comes on, the water is already warm enough) and I will be putting in a filter soon as well. I love those Tetra Whisper filters - very calm!
Next 100% water change I'm going to remove some of the black gravel - I think he has too much gravel in his tank. He needs a little bit more room.

More pics to come of my other tanks

adorable!! (:
Old 07-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #3639 
mjoy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngiraffe View Post
adorable!! (:
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #3640 
kngiraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoy79 View Post
welcome! (:

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank