Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #3641 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
Actually you shouldnt. But really it's because of algea and temp fluctuations.
If in moderation, its fine.
Temp fluxes arent really the issue- its when Lights* are used as a heat source its a bigger issue.

Bee tee dubs, nice tanks, guys.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #3642 
GrimlockDESTROY

Whew! , my 5 gallon tank is finally the way i want it lol, so here it is, the plants in it are Water Sprite (floating) and Anubias Nana which are planted, at first when i changed his surroundings his stress line was dark and visible so i turned off the lights for about 30 minutes, and he is back to normal checking out his new plants. Bottom is black gravel and in the front are Amethyst crystal i got out of a local gem mine My girlfriend told me it looked like a woodland cave LOL, loving it!

GrimlockDESTROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #3643 
kngiraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimlockDESTROY View Post
Whew! , my 5 gallon tank is finally the way i want it lol, so here it is, the plants in it are Water Sprite (floating) and Anubias Nana which are planted, at first when i changed his surroundings his stress line was dark and visible so i turned off the lights for about 30 minutes, and he is back to normal checking out his new plants. Bottom is black gravel and in the front are Amethyst crystal i got out of a local gem mine My girlfriend told me it looked like a woodland cave LOL, loving it!

awwwh!!!!!
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #3644 
PewPewPew

Looks good! Make sure the anubias' rhizome (thick stem, not the roots) hasnt been buried, or itll stifle it and rot. D;
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:01 AM   #3645 
GrimlockDESTROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Looks good! Make sure the anubias' rhizome (thick stem, not the roots) hasnt been buried, or itll stifle it and rot. D;
Thanks! yep i made sure that was the first thing i did with them the thick stem is sticking out from the back , which is why they are not visible in the pic lol.
GrimlockDESTROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:30 AM   #3646 
roarsirroar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
If in moderation, its fine.
Temp fluxes arent really the issue- its when Lights* are used as a heat source its a bigger issue.

Bee tee dubs, nice tanks, guys.
ahh i see... :p
roarsirroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #3647 
Alex09

Upgraded my 2.5 to a 5.5 gallon :D I removed the top rim. Its a little sloppy but it works. Will raise the water level as the plant in the back grows taller (it's leaves will be out of the water - want it to grow and look like this). It is a soil based tank. have about an inch of miracle gro organic potting soil capped with gravel. Will add more crypts as I get my hands on them.

Last edited by Alex09; 07-20-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #3648 
puppyrjjkm

I LOVE it alex! Didn't you make a thread about taking off the rim? Do you possibly have a link to it? I think it looks so much cleaner! Thanks
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #3649 
Alex09

I did make a thread about de-rimming a 10 gal and leaving the corners intact.

Followed this tutuorial for the 5 gal. Only I used a product called "goo-gone" instead of alcohol. It works so much better to remove the silicone. Just be very careful when taking the rim off - you wouldnt want it to crack. Or worse, hurt yourself.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #3650 
puppyrjjkm

Thanks! I'll take a look :) Did you take off the bottom rim also?

Last edited by puppyrjjkm; 07-20-2011 at 05:21 PM.
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank