Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #3691 
Littlebittyfish

You guys are making me wanna go get one of those 1.5 gallon tanks... Does the led top light work well for live plants?
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #3692 
sunnydawnie

Emerald's 16G currently being cycled. He's in France
Attached Images

sunnydawnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #3693 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
You guys are making me wanna go get one of those 1.5 gallon tanks... Does the led top light work well for live plants?
Ehhhh, I am hearing that LED's are not great for plants. You could always have a desk lamp shining on the tanks with a 65000K spiral light in it for the plants :) When I plan on planting... I'm going to move mine closer to a natural light source or use the lamp idea. But they look amazing! I want two more for sure!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #3694 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
I have a 2 gal. w/LED lights with some java fern & small anubius and the plants seem to do fine.

Matter of fact it's this tank:

http://www.petco.com/product/113933/...quarium-113933

I like that tank SO much, I ordered another one over the week-end! :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #3695 
GrimlockDESTROY

Well i caved in , and setup this 10 gallon tank for Link, just to get him out of the 5 gallon I have lol, Right now the 5 gallon has nothing in it but black gravel so i transferred the water sprites and the 2 Anubias Nana plants i have with the cave decoration as well. Also got 2 snails now , I am planning to add a lot more of the live plants soon, so here is what it looks like now. So far he is really loving it!

The rock formations around the 2 Anubias Nana plants are Unikite which is a form of granite rock.

I'm not adding any other fish to the 10 gallon, i want him to have it all to himself, minus the 2 snails and the possible ghost shrimp i may or may not buy.

Now that i have the empty 5 gallon, it may be time for a nice little rescue from Petsmart or Petco :)

And so it begins......
GrimlockDESTROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #3696 
PewPewPew

Oooh, looking good. I like your gravel, too.

Maybe get some bacopa or wisteria in the back? I always have liked the look of wisteria on a "hill" in 10 gallons. I push the gravel up towards the back and allow it to slope gently to the front, making medium plants now quite tall, and adding depth.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #3697 
Neil D

You could divide that 5g btw
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:48 AM   #3698 
Squidmagician

Grimlock: Your tank is quite pretty already, and with some more plants, I think it will be gorgeous. And I love the unikite! It's such a pretty stone.
Squidmagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:08 AM   #3699 
Andrometer

My new boy Julius in a 2.5 gallon.
I actually plan on converting to live plants some time around next Friday! If everything at the pet store goes according to plan, I should be coming home with anacharis, anubias, and marimo on Saturday and want to do QT for a week. I'm so excited! :D
Andrometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #3700 
Kytkattin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrometer View Post

My new boy Julius in a 2.5 gallon.
I actually plan on converting to live plants some time around next Friday! If everything at the pet store goes according to plan, I should be coming home with anacharis, anubias, and marimo on Saturday and want to do QT for a week. I'm so excited! :D
Lovely tank! But if you really want plants, right now Petsmart is having a sale on them. I am not sure how long it is going to last, so if you can go earlier you might save some moneys!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank