Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2011, 01:04 AM   #3791 
PewPewPew

I dont think it'll be an issue. If you begin to see tears, then immediatley remove it. My bf has that silk one, theyre really nice looking.

If I may recommend, I think shrimp need a few friends to party with. Im uncertain, but if you want the compatibility section will be able to aid you better. That way, every fishie's happy!

And nel, I might go look at the fish tomorrow after an appt. If he's there, I think Id grab him up. Unless another one steals my heart...Idk! :O
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:51 AM   #3792 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
I dont think it'll be an issue. If you begin to see tears, then immediatley remove it. My bf has that silk one, theyre really nice looking.

If I may recommend, I think shrimp need a few friends to party with. Im uncertain, but if you want the compatibility section will be able to aid you better. That way, every fishie's happy!

And nel, I might go look at the fish tomorrow after an appt. If he's there, I think Id grab him up. Unless another one steals my heart...Idk! :O

cool, hope he's still alive and healthy when the time comes along for him and you. looks like i'll have to buy some sort of wire mesh for my 2.5, nelliel is a jumper when the lid is down. he seems ready to eat but i have try to find the right frozen food for him. he spat out a pellet then ignored it, not that its surprising atm.

Last edited by nel3; 08-04-2011 at 07:04 AM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #3793 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
i got my new fish into its tank recently. still need to play around with the heater settings.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...iel25g001.jpg/
Your fish is gorgeous! I love his tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD25 View Post
Spectrum's tank. It's 2.5 gallons. The little orange "plant" is plastic, but it's fairly soft. I'd like to keep it in there, however, the betta is much much much more important than fake stuff and I'll remove the plant if people think it needs to be removed. The plant on the right is silk, although it still has some plastic components. There is one ghost shrimp in the tank (in the photo: just to the left of the orange plant) and so far, aside from being surprised by its sudden appearance, the betta seems to be tolerating its presence just fine.

I very much appreciate and welcome any and all suggestions. :]

Everyone here has such nice tanks.

I love the blue pebbles ontop of the gravel. It looks nice.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #3794 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
Your fish is gorgeous! I love his tank.
thank you LBF. i knew i was going to get him when i saw his posting on AB. its pretty much luck regarding him. i browsed AB casually for fun just to see the options to come across him.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #3795 
DanielaMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicklet View Post
a Few of mine
Attachment 1471
Attachment 1472
Attachment 1473
Attachment 1474
Attachment 1475
I gotta go buy some good batteries for my camera,
Just too mean to pay 10 bucks for 4 batteries, ridiculous the prices for some things around here
What size tanks are those in the top picture?
DanielaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #3796 
DanielaMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by parakeeto225 View Post

I added some bio-zyme to make bacteria grow and make water levels to 0. (ammonia, nitrate, etc.) didnt add my betta yet.
Is that the Tetra Water Wonders Aquarium Cube 1.5 Gallons? How do you like it? It seems like it'd be hard to clean with the light there.
DanielaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #3797 
dragonflie

This is buttercup's 10g home that he has all to himself. The decor doesn't really all go together..but it gives him lots to explore. :)

dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #3798 
mjoy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflie View Post
This is buttercup's 10g home that he has all to himself. The decor doesn't really all go together..but it gives him lots to explore. :)

Pretty! This makes me want to use sand rather than gravel :)
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #3799 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielaMarie View Post
What size tanks are those in the top picture?

Chicklet's post was in 2009... She hasnt been on in a month... You might not get a reply from her. They look like minibows, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielaMarie View Post
Is that the Tetra Water Wonders Aquarium Cube 1.5 Gallons? How do you like it? It seems like it'd be hard to clean with the light there.
I had the tetra thing... IMO, its not really worth the money. While others may disagree, I think for the price you can find a better, stronger and larger tank. It is hard to clean out with the light there. The wires are coated but exposed under neath and the metal port for the light rusts really easily.

Mine didnt last very long. The plastic is highly reflective and my fish constantly flared at himself. The black rim on top separates from the plastic (both the tanks did this), the filter is only so-so and noisy, even when you wrap the noisy airrator. The light wont grow plants and doesnt illuminate it well. In time, the adjustable light may lose its ability to stay up and will slip and not lift.

IMO, a badly made tank for the price. :(

For the same price (In the US) you can get a 5 gallon full kit.

I personally do not recommend, not at all.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #3800 
dragonflie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoy79 View Post
Pretty! This makes me want to use sand rather than gravel :)
Thank you. :) I was actually scared of sand for a really long time (thought it would be messy and hard to clean). But I've been using it for awhile now, and rather love it.

I've actually got 2/3 of a bag left..and I keep telling my fiance that this is reason enough to get another tank going, but he refuses to give in! ;)
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank