Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #3801 
Litlover11

Dragonflie, that tank is beautiful! I have sand in my 10g, and I love it! I find it so much easier to clean than gravel and it looks wonderful. What is that floating plant called?
Litlover11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #3802 
dragonflie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover11 View Post
Dragonflie, that tank is beautiful! I have sand in my 10g, and I love it! I find it so much easier to clean than gravel and it looks wonderful. What is that floating plant called?
Wellll.....it is fake. LOL A fake duckweed I think, to be precise. While animals love me, plants have a loathing for me that is unparalleled. I can't grow anything green unless it has scales.

I managed to kill a java moss. Something I was told was hardy enough it would "grow in a toilet" to quote exactly. And I still killed it. :(

But thanks for the compliments. :)
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #3803 
PewPewPew

Moss isnt THATTT easy ;) Too much light or the wrong fertilizer will kill it. Too high of temps (80'F+) will stunt its growth, too.

Plants arent that scary, dont worry! I implore you try again :O

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=76428

Didja get that fake plant in the reptile section of a petstore? I see them there a lot and almost got one :D
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #3804 
dragonflie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Moss isnt THATTT easy ;) Too much light or the wrong fertilizer will kill it. Too high of temps (80'F+) will stunt its growth, too.

Plants arent that scary, dont worry! I implore you try again :O

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=76428

Didja get that fake plant in the reptile section of a petstore? I see them there a lot and almost got one :D
Indeed I did.

Ok well I feel better about the java moss. ;) I tried a hornwort once too...and it was like a christmas tree died in my tank. It took months to get all the needles out.

lol at some point I might be willing to try again, but I won't deny that plants are scary for me, probably more scary than trying the sand for the first time.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #3805 
PewPewPew

Ughhhrrrghhh! I hate hornwort. Its a spiteful, mean plant >:C Died on me too.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #3806 
thePWNISHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflie View Post
This is buttercup's 10g home that he has all to himself. The decor doesn't really all go together..but it gives him lots to explore. :)

What do you mean it doesn't go together? It totally looks like a mediterranean beach somewhere with some Greek or Roman remains overlooking from the cliffs.
thePWNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #3807 
Litlover11

Yeah, I know what you mean about plants. I got a java fern from petsmart once, lady told me it was impossible to kill. It was dead in less than a month :( I will check out that plant thread, maybe I did something wrong.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #3808 
PewPewPew

Chances are more likley she sold you something that wasnt java fern at all..

When in the petstore, dont trust the employees... even if they THINK they know what they're doing. Sighhhh!
Old 08-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #3809 
Litlover11

That might be it, its hard to find knowledgeable employees. I might try to find some on aquabid.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #3810 
PewPewPew

If you go to petsmart, the ones in the tubes, provided theyre aquatic, are great :)
Java fern, anubias and their swords are usually all they have that are real.

I buy from sweetaquatics :)

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank