Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #3811 
Yurusumaji

I don't know if it makes any difference, but my sister bought a betta and a Tetra Wonders kit for in December. Generally she is okay with the tank, but the light went out. When this happened, she realized that it was cemented in.

Her betta is addicted to its light and it started acting really weird when the light went out so she had to fight with the light to get it out and then buy a whole new one. Tetra told her and everyone else that there was no way to change the light and they don't sell replacements.

Not having a light can mess with your fishes' photoperiod and Tetra Wonders comes with an LED light, which really isn't necessary and, as PPP said, won't grow plants.
Yurusumaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #3812 
PewPewPew

Ohhh, thats the other thing.... Tetra.

Oh, tetra, you suck so much, except when you put effort into your 5 gallon and up glass tanks D:<

They've got bad customer service, IMO. You pay for their issues; pay shipping to get there and shipping back when its "fixed"...BOOOO!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #3813 
Amanda4101

Wink

I need to charge my camera I lose the cord a lot.
My baby Koichi is in a 1.5 gal cube. He seems to like it. I've had him for 3 days. He is so shy around everyone but me! That's why I call him baby boy. Today is payday at work ! I'm debating going and buying another Betta. I hope I'm not rushing it. I've been to my local pet store twice in 3 days! They will soon know my name. I need to find him (or make him) a hammock. His favorite spot in the tank is the top corner where he has a perfect view of me. He seems to be calm when I am there near him. (WOW long post, might as well write a novel) I will post a picture of his tank when I get home. Needless to say, I will be stopping by tonight to buy some betta things .
Amanda4101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #3814 
PewPewPew

I always like to advise waiting a while :) That way you get used to bettas and have a chance to learn. If one gets sick or worse, both... its very overwhelming when you're new to them.

Some people will say "OH! I went from 1 to 20 in five days! It was fine." But I still dont recommend.

Learn from your first friend, and wait a month or two... Its a little life, not good for an impulse buy! :)
Old 08-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #3815 
Yurusumaji

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post

Oh, tetra, you suck so much, except when you put effort into your 5 gallon and up glass tanks D:<

They've got bad customer service, IMO. You pay for their issues; pay shipping to get there and shipping back when its "fixed"...BOOOO!
I have a regular Tetra 10 gallon for Gyarados that I got from Wal-Mart as a kit for $30 (the 5 gal is $28 and the 2.5 gal is $25 ... I mean, really?). I like it a lot, but it's not the Wonders line and I'll never buy the Wonders line. You need to get their standard stuff because all of that stuff is typically easy to deal with in my experience. Otherwise just buy another brand.
Yurusumaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #3816 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post

Actually (hehe) I contacted Tetra about the fact that my Canadian Water Wonders doesn't come with the fake plants but the American one does, and that I wasn't happy about it. We pay more and we get less. They are sending me 8 plants and a bunch of samples for the fish. For free lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #3817 
Neil D

Throw out the sample. Listen to ppp, they SUCK!! except for my 6yr old 10g tank kit. O.O
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #3818 
Pitluvs

WHY would I throw out samples?! ARE YOU NUTS? I'm in Canada, stuff's expensive hahaha
Old 08-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #3819 
PewPewPew

Haha, if I told you I didnt get the plants in any of what we bought in the US, would you giggle? LOL! I didnt get them, either. TBH, the best part of that kit was the airrator ;P

They must be better in canada! D: I called and they were so rude to me. Especially about their heaters..oh, dont get me going on those heaters!!!
Old 08-06-2011, 12:47 AM   #3820 
Pitluvs

Ah this was American actually :) I know this because they said they couldn't ship food samples across the boarder, so they were sending non food samples for all my tanks.

Whats the airrator? LOL

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank