Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2011, 11:47 PM   #3861 
fishcurl

You're telling me! You don't even want to know what else I came home with tonight XD
fishcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:47 PM   #3862 
PewPewPew

You want a bet? :p
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #3863 
Mollzo

Hey! So, I'm relatively new to this whole betta thing, but I've definitely caught the bug! Which is A-OK with me! But I got the little half-gallon starter kit, but only until I move to my dorm room in a couple of weeks. But will he be okay in it until I move? Then I will be upgrading him into a 2.5 gallon tank. And I will only use the half gallon for when I come home for Christmas, and moving him back home when school is done for the year.
But my new fishy is beautiful! He's mostly white, with a bit of purple on him! He matches the purple half gallon I got for him! lol. Will try to get pictures up tomorrow, though :)
Mollzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #3864 
fishcurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
You want a bet? :p
Ha! LOL. Check the I Have No Self Control Thread
fishcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #3865 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollzo View Post
Hey! So, I'm relatively new to this whole betta thing, but I've definitely caught the bug! Which is A-OK with me! But I got the little half-gallon starter kit, but only until I move to my dorm room in a couple of weeks. But will he be okay in it until I move? Then I will be upgrading him into a 2.5 gallon tank. And I will only use the half gallon for when I come home for Christmas, and moving him back home when school is done for the year.
But my new fishy is beautiful! He's mostly white, with a bit of purple on him! He matches the purple half gallon I got for him! lol. Will try to get pictures up tomorrow, though :)
He should be okay, but I have to ask...Why not just get the bigger tank? Its not that* much larger, and with it- you can assure its better heated (smaller tanks are harder to heat and find heaters for) and wont need as much care as far as water changes.

I would bring the 2.5 home with you. I bring my 5 gallon home with me :) If I have to go on a train or something, I used to have a (name brand) rubbermaid container for my fish (clear and clean) at home, so I could just use the same heater and not have to clean it as much. It was cheap too! :)
Old 08-09-2011, 12:36 AM   #3866 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue619 View Post
An update to my aquariums. Unfortunately, they aren't all bettas anymore. The 12 gallon never was, and the 10 that used to be a sorority is now housing some beautiful swordtails, and I have a 5 of red cherry shrimp (love those little guys!!). They are however now, all live plants.

Pumpkinhead still has his kritter keeper!

My mom's fish, Blue Velvet's 2 gallon vase cracked while I was cleaning it. So he recently got an emergency 5 gallon.

Metallica and my newest boy, Deuce Bigalow Fish Gigolo (a piebald halfsun double tail), share the divided 10 gallon.

The red cherry shrimp tank.

The Marineland Eclipse 12 with 4 bubble-bee platies, 1 electric blue wag platy, and 2 half sunset half dalmation platies. Also a cory, a bamboo shrimp, a ghost shrimp and many, many snails.

Finally the 10, with a stark white lyretail swordtail, a tuxedo swordtail, a marigold swordtail, a pineapple "3 sword" swordtail (with an identical baby).

Thanks for looking and enjoy! :)
Me thinks Blue Velvet should stay in the 5gal, it suits him so so well! And we all know fishes shouldn't be in vases :P Love your swords! I have some as well. I have 2 Red Wags, 1 Marigold, 1 Orange and 1 Tux male. I also have 5 baby fry that look to be all Tuxs! I just love them, my favorite tropicals (besides me Bettas).
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:06 AM   #3867 
Mollzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
He should be okay, but I have to ask...Why not just get the bigger tank? Its not that* much larger, and with it- you can assure its better heated (smaller tanks are harder to heat and find heaters for) and wont need as much care as far as water changes.

I would bring the 2.5 home with you. I bring my 5 gallon home with me :) If I have to go on a train or something, I used to have a (name brand) rubbermaid container for my fish (clear and clean) at home, so I could just use the same heater and not have to clean it as much. It was cheap too! :)
I know. My mom bought it for me when we went to PetsMart, and ended up with a cat, so we needed an extra purchase so we could get the cat, but we had originally gone to LOOK at fish tanks to see what they had. But ended up with more then we bargained for lol. Anyways, it wasn't about space or travel size, its just a temporary home anyways. But bringing the 2.5 won't be an issue since we're going by car. But do they travel well in a car? like back and forth from places?
Also, he's been hanging out right at the water line, is that normal?
Mollzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #3868 
PewPewPew

No, its not really normal. I have a feeling he might be a bit cold. The ideal range for your betta is 76-82'F. If you dont have a heater and its less than the ideal, consider taking a heating pad on low, put a towel over it, and place the tank on top of it. Monitor it to make sure its not too hot :)

They travel fine, if done right. to travel with the fish, put them in a plastic sandwhich bag with tank water. Dont feed the fish that day, and change the water the morning before, not the day of, travel.
When you're riding with the fish, try and keep it in your lap (for warmth). Also, keep the fish wrapped in a towel or in a box to keep it dark and less stressful.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #3869 
Litlover11

I finally got my backup tank set up, although I might just keep him in here, it looks so cute! I will be getting more silk plants, but I found out today that Petsmart doesn't sell silk plants anymore, so I have to go somewhere else.
Name:  IMG_0740.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  36.9 KB
Litlover11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #3870 
mjoy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover11 View Post
I finally got my backup tank set up, although I might just keep him in here, it looks so cute! I will be getting more silk plants, but I found out today that Petsmart doesn't sell silk plants anymore, so I have to go somewhere else.
Attachment 33729
Nice tank!
Petco has lots of silk plants :)
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank