Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2011, 09:32 AM   #3941 
Dragonii

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Dragonii, is that a spec? I love those tanks.
Yep, sure is. I really like it so far.

I got a Fluval Edge about a year and a half ago and I have been so happy with it, so I figured that Fluval probably put the same thought, design and quality into the Spec... no disappointment. I had to modify the pump return hose a tad as it blew my little buddy around the tank even on its lowest setting, but otherwise the thing is great.

I have two snails, a dwarf frog and an Amano shrimp in it with him. It's an amazing little aquarium.
Dragonii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #3942 
Dragonii

Quote:
Originally Posted by astoda View Post
Lovely. Its calming to look at. I love tanks like this. I want to make one. What do you have for a light source for the plants?
Light source is an array of full spectrum LED lights (31) that it comes with. It clips on the back wall and arches over the tank. My lfs has one set up with some Red Ludwigia in it and the Ludwigia is growing pretty well.

I also have a 24" florescent light on the overhead compartment of my desk that sits right over it.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #3943 
Dragonlady

Here is one of my tanks of all sibling bettas.

Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #3944 
Neil D

That's so cool!!
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #3945 
mjoy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
Here is one of my tanks of all sibling bettas.

whoa didn't think this was possible once they were old enough to have that long of fins
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #3946 
fightergirl2710

So beautiful! It looks like the plant has pretty blue flowers :D
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #3947 
codex213

Charlie Chaplin in his little one gallon, for now. In about a week he'll be in a 5.5 gallon, and I'll post more pics then. :)
codex213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #3948 
LaLaLeyla

My betta fish is currently in a 0.5 gallon.
Hoping to upgrade him sooner to something bigger. :)
But he seems content here. Look at the huge bubble nest he made!
Attached Images

LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #3949 
astoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonii View Post
Light source is an array of full spectrum LED lights (31) that it comes with. It clips on the back wall and arches over the tank. My lfs has one set up with some Red Ludwigia in it and the Ludwigia is growing pretty well.

I also have a 24" florescent light on the overhead compartment of my desk that sits right over it.
So as long as I get a full spectrum LED bulb it should work as well as a florecent, you think?
astoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #3950 
Dragonii

I don't know if anyone here has used or recommended this tank, but for those that want to upgrade to something bigger for their betta, I would recommend it.
It's 6.6 gallons, comes with a filter and a nice light. The tank is long (24") providing plenty of space for bettas to explore. Considering their natural habitat... long is probably better than deep.
I had one of these once and I loved it. Only reason I got rid of it is because I was given a Fluval Edge by my fiance and didn't have room for both. (The Edge is very nice but cost a lot more.)
The Petco tank comes with a black/blue background so all you really need is gravel, heater and whatever decor you want.
http://www.petco.com/product/14978/P...Aquarium-14978
This heater worked very well in mine.
http://www.petco.com/product/114078/...m-Heaters.aspx
This is the one I used to have.
http://youtu.be/nbixi-N5_L0

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank