Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #4051 
audjree

yeah, the first thing i noticed was his nest. that's a nice nest. (;
audjree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #4052 
Reece

Talking

Hey everyone! Got my first Betta today, and I'm shocked at how quickly he's adjusted to his new tank. He's already eating the flakes I have! (they don't have pellets at my LFS >_<). So yeah, they had about 9 bettas there today and it was a choice between two, a purple one and a red one. The purple one has got beautiful fins and had a HUGE bubble nest that covered the surface area of the 2.5 gallon tank he was in (they treat the Betta fish a lot better there than they do in walmart lol) but after close inspection the red one was a tail biter (I knew it wasn't fin rot as I actually saw him biting a bit of his fin from his tail, shame as he was a really pretty red). So I have a purple Betta fish but I haven't thought of a name for him yet! Any ideas for me? He's also very active, but I imagine that will die down after he gets more used to his surroundings (he's been exploring for the good part of two hours even though there's not that much to explore lol).

I will be getting about 3 more artificial plants for him in a week too. Also, I have a question that might sound really dumb but here goes: How do they sleep when they have to go to the surface for oxygen? That has been confusing since two days ago when I thought about it and I never bothered asking about it...

So anyway, here's a few pics of him and his tank! I love how his body is dark and then the fins are light!!!!! So then any suggestions for names? And sorry about so many pics! lol btw what type is he??? And the images are so small because it was taken by my iPod's camera
Attached Images

Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #4053 
Bresn

This might help(With what typehttp://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=29868
Bresn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #4054 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bresn View Post
I understand you are low on money - aren't we all? - but may I suggest you get a second container like the one you have, remove the divider and give each of the boys one whole container. Not the IDEAL solution, but better than what they have now.

Good luck!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #4055 
Bresn

I did that I will show pics later:)
Old 09-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #4056 
Bresn

http://www.bettafish.com/picture.php...ictureid=18041
http://www.bettafish.com/picture.php...ictureid=18039
http://www.bettafish.com/picture.php...ictureid=18036
http://www.bettafish.com/picture.php...ictureid=18037
Old 09-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #4057 
brandi2583

here's alfee's home

Alfee's Home =)
Attached Images

brandi2583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #4058 
IamBonner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunamy View Post
WOW check out that nest that Peta's got!
I know! I was so excited, today I've had him for exactly 7 days and he started that the second day.
IamBonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #4059 
missm83

hole in the fin!!???help

it must have just happen..:( what do i do?? tomorrow im going to get a bigger tank 1gallon is just not doing it i dont think...

OHH wrong post..oppps!
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #4060 
missm83

Just got a new tank...went from 1gallon to 2gallon and got rid of fake plants...Prince is loving his new home:)
Attached Images

missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank