Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #4071 
Bellaluna

Excellent! Thank you so much!
Bellaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #4072 
SKA123

ahhh don't judge V.V

I just got my little boy today, so this is his home. I know the picture sucks, it was taken on a phone, and I don't have a digital cam with me.
Attached Images

SKA123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #4073 
SKA123

BTW he loves his castle, and I plan on getting him a bigger tank soon. :)
Old 09-03-2011, 11:56 PM   #4074 
Alex09

Yes a bigger tank would be best. At LEAST 1 gallon. Preferably 2.5... That vase looks like 1/2 gallon at the biggest. Also just as important is water temperature. Depends where you live but you may need a heater. Bettas should be kept at 75-80 with 78 being the most ideal.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #4075 
SKA123

I hope to get him a bigger tank this coming week. His water just got changed, and I'll be changing it again this week too. :( I feel bad that he doesn't have a bigger bowl or tank. My relative has had many bettas and they are also in bowls with a plant in them. they live pretty long, so i never thought he would need anything bigger till i read this site :(
Old 09-04-2011, 02:35 AM   #4076 
ollief9

A fish living in such cramped conditions where ammonia will be through the roof in no time will mean it's best to change the water every day. And I recommend a 5 gallon for your Betta, filtered and heated.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #4077 
Bellaluna

Oh my goodness, that looks just like my Raven! And I have that same castle too (a picture of my tank is on the previous page). But I agree with the others, the tank is way too small. I just got a great new 5 gallon tank for my beta from Walmart for a really good price. Check out the Hawkeye 5 gallon tank.
Bellaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #4078 
Litlover11

The Hawkeye is awesome! I have one for Touchstone, and it is great. I think they are only online, but they ship to the store for free. If you are low on money, you can also buy a large or x-large kritter keeper for no more than 12 dollars. You can find those at petco, some petstores, or Amazon.com. You would have to find a heater and filter though. Or you could find a 2 1/2 gallon drum bowl and attach a heater. I saw one on Amazon.com for a low price. I think you will find that once you have a bigger tank, it will be easier to maintain and keep your beautiful fish healthy.
Litlover11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #4079 
SKA123

I was looking at the hawkeye tank just a second ago, and i think i will buy it and have it shipped to my house. it's only 26 dollars and it comes with a light and filter
Old 09-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #4080 
Reece

Talking

lol. I'm feeling like a genius at the moment...! I had a problem as attached to the filter of my tank is a little nossel that blows water and creates a current (it's there because it came with an oxygen tube that attached to the nosel, the blowing would make the air bubbles come out), but the only thing was that my Betta (A purple veil tale who I still am yet to name >_<) was struggling to swim with it and was also getting blown away by it, and you could see he was getting stressed out too. I discovered however that from my old water siphon (old because the hoovering part of it broke somehow) I still had a small hose. So from a sudden brainstorm I attached the hose to the nozzle and lead the hose to the outside of the tank. As soon as I did that the Betta's attitude completely changed! I could see he was happy with the change, the lucky thing is that he likes to play with the hose (I've bought him 30 worth of decorations and he prefers to play with a hose, figures lol) and isn't annoyed with it being there. It is also a bright blue so it looks nice in the tank too.It's so cute how he plays with it, he swims circles around it!!!!

Another reason I wrote is that I was wondering if anybody could help me name him??? Thanks for any ideas, pictures of the hose and the Betta himself are below!!!(the water in the tank is quite cloudy at the moment as I just put some Filter Aid in (it basically clumps all the particles in the water together so they either sink to the bottom or get trapped in the filter, really clever lol). Also sorry about the pics being so small, taken by my iPod camera. I went to make the pictures bigger but making them larger made the resolution awful!!!!! My favourite thing about him is that his body is a black and then his fins are bright blue! Also, those antenna looking things that they have are red...
Attached Images

Last edited by Reece; 09-04-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank