Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #4161 
Neil D

Blaze looks so cool. ANd i love the spongebob theme
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #4162 
Vanah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draug Isilme View Post
25w is definitely great ^.^ I got one that was recommended to me off of this site 'cause I was originally going for a 2.5.. It's adjustable and automatically goes off once it reaches it's pre-designated tempurature. I tried it out with my 1.5, and it worked out great! It was slightly warmer than what it was originally set on (like about 4 degrees), but the fact I could adjust it meant it honestly wasn't a problem at all. Now I'm checking it out in my 5g, and it hasn't let me down yet. The one thing I noticed is it's good to wait a day so the tank has time to completely circulate the heat. I waited a few hours the first time and it was exactly where I set it, but then over night it went up 4 degrees. Although it didn't go up anymore after that.
Mind if I ask what brand? I'm willing to order them if I have to, a lot of the smaller ones aren't always adjustable and that's very important for sure.
Vanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #4163 
Sweeda88

Hydor Theo 25watt. They're great. You can get them at bigalspets.com.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:30 PM   #4164 
Draug Isilme

xD Yup, I have a 25w hydor theo heater... It's badass, if I do say so myself ^.^ In the 5g it's sitting in now, I have it set on 80, and over night it's gone up to 82. I'm assuming it's not going to go up anymore, though, since that's how it went with my 1.5g, but I'm still gonna keep an eye on it just in case. ANYWAY! Here's the site I got it off of. It was the cheapest I could find with shipping included at the time:

http://www.petmountain.com/product/a...m=11442-505153

You might still want to browse around online on the off-chance you can find one that's a bit cheaper, but this was the best deal on this heater I found, and it works great ^.^ Just keep an eye on the shipping fees. I found that some seemed like they were a better price, but it turns out the shipping pushed it to where I was better off looking elsewhere.
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #4165 
PitGurl

My new guy Karma's tank. It's a 1.5 gallon. It has a heater but no filter. I plan on upgrading him at some point.
Attached Images

PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #4166 
Littlebittyfish

I'm loving the glass gravel..Where did you get it?
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #4167 
Sweeda88

Blush (Left) and Tinkerbell's (Right) tank. There was a plastic cup in the tank because I was about to treat Blush for fin rot.
Attached Images

Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #4168 
PitGurl

@Littlebittyfish-Got it at Michael's. It's a little pricey @ $6 a bag but I love it. That is a bag and a half in that tank.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #4169 
Dragonii

Ok, so I picked up this new guy the other day. Couldn't resist the white with pearl sheen.
I didn't trust him in my Edge due to having 4 guppies so I needed to find him a home quick.
I stopped my Michael's and found this acrylic box. It was sold as a display box for wine bottles.
I laid it flat and cut a big hole in the lid and it is now a betta house.
I am thinking of building an undergravel filter into it.

Dragonii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #4170 
Princess Penny

^ That's a good idea for a tank!

Here's my updated tank, removed the gravel and replaced it with sand today.
Princess Penny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank