Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2011, 08:02 AM   #4421 
ollief9

The plants have been growing really well as you can see. I highly recommend Seachem Flourish Excel.

Name:  percyisafish.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  64.3 KB
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #4422 
Sweeda88

They DEFINITELY love them! That big log decoration is now in my Platy tank. They love zipping through it and the babies hide under it!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #4423 
Princess Penny

New guy and his future home :) (Haven't put him in yet because the water I filled it with is a bit too warm, oops) Already had the extra heater, filter, gravel and plants so all I had to buy was the tank! and the fish :) Took the moss ball and banana lily from Ammo's tank. Hoping to find an anubias for him eventually.
Princess Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #4424 
Neil D

Nice!
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #4425 
Vanah

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillylark View Post
Vanah, I really like your tank - did you buy it like that or do it yourself (and how did you do it if so)?
The divider is a DIY, and I'm actually working on a tutorial for how I did it, so I'll keep you posted. :)
Vanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:36 AM   #4426 
Ranks

10 Gallon divided

My first tank! Doran (the blue betta) loves the current so I put him on the filter side. He uses the filter current as a water slide when he gets bored, often repeating the process for an hour or so until he gets tired and retreats to the front glass
Ranks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #4427 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
When you say twigs, and I see them in the tank, are they store bought or did you use ones off the ground? I'm curious.. I love natural looking tanks and anything I can find/make on my own, the better lol.
I collected them from my backyard. Store bought driftwood is really expensive here and I wasn't having any luck finding some I liked in store.
It is best to use twigs from hardwood trees like oaks...softwoods like pine will rot very quickly in the tank. I made sure the twigs were well dried out and then I just used a little knife and got the bark off the outside and boiled the twigs for a few hours to release the tannins and water log them. You want to make sure not to collect twigs and branches from anyplace that sprays pesticides.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #4428 
Gianny Cash

Hi, guys. You've got some beautiful tanks. I think I might switch to sand after seeing some of your setups.

Here's my first 10g tank for my halfmoon king, Cali:
Attached Images

Gianny Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #4429 
betaguy

WOW, just WOW. the fish is fantastic and the home, well, wow
betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #4430 
Vanah

@Ranks - I'm really digging your setup. The blend of two sizes of pebbles like that gives it a very natural river/stream effect. Very nice!

Had to take out the mopani wood in my 5G, it was discoloring the water horribly. So it's getting soaked until it stops discoloring the water... if it ever does. Fake semi-realistic decor for them for now. Kalinsky and Natsume can't seem to tell the difference though.
Vanah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, tank